Loo seat stains

(8 Posts)
Chippychop Mon 21-Jan-13 23:05:00

How do I make the inner rim white and not wee wee yellow stained! It's driving me mad!

Babbit Mon 21-Jan-13 23:07:44

Yes. With a 5 year old boy the underside of the seat is disgusting. I've tried bleach. Can't keep buying new seats! (Am working on him putting the seat up and not weeing on the top...

I hope someone knows the answer!

PigletJohn Mon 21-Jan-13 23:11:44

buy a new one. They need not be expensive. Look for stainless steel hinges. It will do you good to learn how to fit it, then you can do it more easily next time.

Avoid flimsy plastic ones. Mid-range is laquered MDF. Thick, heavy, solid plastic is more expensive.

Grockle Mon 21-Jan-13 23:12:14

Mine do this.

I think the only solution is a new seat. Not very practical though.

PigletJohn Mon 21-Jan-13 23:14:46

seat this one is amazingly inexpensive, and sturdy.

The white laquer tends to wear off the sharp edges in time, but you may be ready to change it again by then. The hinge design gives lots of adjustment forwards and back.

Grockle Mon 21-Jan-13 23:19:37

I'd avoid MDF ones - ime they start to swell and the paint cracks. I buy cheapish but sturdy plastic soft close seats

PigletJohn Mon 21-Jan-13 23:43:46

btw I think the bleach causes yellow stains.

idlevice Mon 21-Jan-13 23:54:00

I searched for this the other day (my life is so exciting...) I used one of those magic eraser sponge type things & lots of elbow grease. Then once clean try to wipe under the seat at least once a day even if only with toilet paper. If it is heavily stained or actually altered from using bleach then you will need a new seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now