would you recommend your washing machine?

(12 Posts)
topsi Fri 18-Jan-13 08:17:17

I have a John Lewis one and am very pleased with it

weegiemum Thu 17-Jan-13 20:21:05

The only time dh seriously splashed out was on Bosch Logixx washer and dryer. Had them for over 10 years, on every day, never a hint of a problem!

iseenodust Thu 17-Jan-13 20:16:56

Ours is washer only but it's 11 years old, was cheap and (touching wood) it's never broken down even though we are in a hard water area and we don't use Calgon. It's an LG, cheap as I said, but more options on temp/cycle etc than I ever use. Agree washer/dryers have shorter lifespan.

ihatethecold Thu 17-Jan-13 20:12:36

I have Siemens

Exp but has lasted years and years.
I think it's owned by Bosch now.

toomuchicecream Thu 17-Jan-13 20:11:22

I used to work for AEG and so had a top of the range AEG washing machine, which was great. But when it broke down after 10 years and needed replacing I went for a Miele, which is even better. I love my Miele and would recommend it over AEG or Bosch any day.

jeee Thu 17-Jan-13 19:46:52

Miele - I stroke mine every time I walk past it.

BananaPie Thu 17-Jan-13 19:43:54

I have the aeg one. It's been great so far - had it a couple of years now.

PartTimeModel Thu 17-Jan-13 16:27:03

I have a BOSCH I paid about £250 for 9 years ago - it's been brilliant!

Muminwestlondon Thu 17-Jan-13 16:12:01

I would certainly recommend Bosch. Our washer lasted over 12 years, despite being in use 4 or 5 times a day when the kids were little (it had the motor replaced twice by DH with instructions from a library book).

I recently said goodbye to my Bosch dryer after 18 years of faithfull service, they no longer did the spare parts for it (it broke down once in that time).

I would buy separate washers and dryers to be honest, the only person I know with a combined one, hates it!

UntamedShrew Thu 17-Jan-13 16:05:40

Thanks Piglet smile

That's really useful from Which. The house we have been renting has an AEG which has been good, I've just no idea how old it is. I'll look at those top three manufacturers then.

PigletJohn Thu 17-Jan-13 15:38:09

for reliable washing machines, get Bosch. Or Miele if you can afford it (which you say you can)

Washer-driers are always worse, more expensive, and less reliable than individual machines, but hey, it's your money.

The five Which best buys (best first)

Miele - WT2780
£1184
75%

AEG - L75480WD
£660
73%

Bosch - WVH28420GB Logixx
£850
67%

Indesit - IWDE126
£389
64%

Bosch - WKD28350GB
£870
62%

UntamedShrew Thu 17-Jan-13 15:02:22

Sorry if this isn't the right place, there are so many topics I get a bit lost.

But I am looking for a washer dryer and wondered if anyone had a really good one they would recommend?

I'll only use the dryer very rarely or to fluff up towels.
My priority is the washing machine bit of it - it will be on most days (family of five) and I need
- a quick cycle
- a handwash cycle
- an easy cares / 30 deg cycle

That's pretty much it. But it would be disastrous if it ever broke down so reliability is my number one need, really.

Any thoughts..? I don't mind what it costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now