Help please! What are you top time, energy, sanity- & money-saving tips

(34 Posts)
Grockle Mon 14-Jan-13 00:56:37

My life feels chaotic. I want to have time to read a book or watch a film with DP. I seem to spend all week at work then cleaning, doing laundry, preparing food/ luncboxes etc. I have a chronic condition that leaves me in pain & exhausted so I need to try to reduce the amount I do.

Obviously, people still need to be fed but I've started using frozen chopped onion (I can't cut veg easily) and making 2 sets of sandwiches for DS's lunchbox so he can have one that day & 1 is ready for the next day.

I try to never leave a room without taking something with me to put away & I use the dishwasher for pretty much everything & fill it to bursting before it goes on.

DS usually goes in the bath after me (so saving water & time to run another bath).

What else could I do to make things easier for myself?

BikeRunSki Fri 18-Jan-13 20:10:15

Even if you don't have full meals in the freezer, I freeze portions of pasta sauce, chess sauce, mash etc for quick kiddy meals.

Even if you don't have full meals in the freezer, I freeze portions of pasta sauce, chess sauce, mash etc for quick kiddy meals.

BikeRunSki Fri 18-Jan-13 20:11:06

Sorry! shock

Rattitude Fri 18-Jan-13 20:15:44

BikeRunSki, would you recommend that I freeze portions of pasta sauce then? grin

I'm the same as

Rattitude Fri 18-Jan-13 20:21:46

I am on tenterhooks with this thread...

I'm the same as jampot...can't get on with all of Flylady but clean sink and toilet and tidy bathroom every day when cleaning teeth...makes feel marginally in control.

Also school dinners not packed lunches...one less job I just don't have to think about!

Fuchzia Fri 18-Jan-13 20:44:11

I tend to go over the bathroom when the kids are in the bath. I use those anti-bac wipe things and just chuck when I'm done. I find I have to keep everything in its place all the time. I've got much more proactive about putting things away. For some reason even if there a just a couple of things where they shouldn't be the house descends into a tip within the hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now