Mice :-(

(34 Posts)
Piemother Sat 12-Jan-13 23:53:20

Tell me theres a clever way to disuade them without killing them?

Just moved the furniture around in my living room assume I've uncovered a hole or something as been here a long time and no droppings etc just a little dinky mouse dashing about!

crazynanna Mon 14-Jan-13 23:40:34

I had mice when I moved into this (very old) house..would come into the lounge in the morning,turn on the light, and see them scurry everywhere..<starts sweating at memory> Iwas a nervous wreck.

Got crazykitten...but she was a baby. When she got to about5 months, I just realised one day I hadn't seen or heard one for ages ...

As a side....got a new fridge freezer delivered today, with the option for them to takeaway the old one. Told the guys "I am scared to move that fridge...I used to have mice! He then pulled it out, and said "Look Jim,look at the size of that bugger! And it's still alive!!!!" shock I just froze to the spot.

He then looked at me, laughed, and said "only kidding!"

I just gave him a filthy look,and a loud tut. Twat.

PigletJohn Tue 15-Jan-13 00:06:01

I am a naturally kind person and animal-lover, but if necessary will kill slugs, caterpillars, moths, rats and mice.

If you had a suffering and incurable pet, what would you do?

AmberLeaf Tue 15-Jan-13 00:13:19

Never just one mouse.

You couldnt put down enough traps to get rid of an infestation.

Neosorexa gold, you can get it on ebay. Poison is the only way to get rid of them.

AmberLeaf Tue 15-Jan-13 00:15:01

Neosorexa gold on ebay.

Piemother Tue 15-Jan-13 01:04:10

Landlord sending pest control. I will, still be asking for humane traps. I shall see what happens before I take any further action. I've had mice in more homes than I haven't be I always expected hundreds but there never were.

agnesf Tue 15-Jan-13 01:33:03

I don't entirely agree with the 1 mouse = many mice theory. We used to live in a city and there it was true. Now we live in country and in cold weather we do sometimes get the odd lone mouse but once caught or deterred we never see them or any sign of them for a year until its winter again. Country mice would rather be out in the hedgerows eating blackberries (or living in my nice warm compost heap hmm)

AlbertaCampion Tue 15-Jan-13 01:38:53

If it's any consolation OP, we had a one-mouse situation. We lived in London. Crafty little bugger, but he eventually succumbed to a wire-sprung trap.

PigletJohn Thu 17-Jan-13 20:42:38
CointreauVersial Thu 17-Jan-13 23:29:17

Awww, that's cute, PigletJohn. I was a bit worried there might be a twist at the end (I heart rats).

The human traps in the wardrobe have been emptied of bait and ahve closed, but no critters inside (nimble little blighters). I'll try a few more nights, then I'm getting some of that mummifying poison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now