pet hoovers

(9 Posts)
mouses Wed 09-Jan-13 13:35:02

I have 2 cats and will need a decent pet hoover for when i move next month. I wont have much carpet in my new place just stairs and landing, rest will be vinyl.

whats the best? thanks

Miele cat and dog. John Lewis usually does the bags but check currys and Argos for the machine.

itsmineitsmine Wed 09-Jan-13 15:28:47

I second the cat and dog (upright)

PigletJohn Wed 09-Jan-13 15:56:25

If you just have stairs and landing to do, the cylinder will be easier to manage, especilly for the stairs.

The upright is better if you have lots of downstairs carpets as the beater is better for getting grit, fleas etc out. Also for doormats which get very dirty.

Yes, the Miele Cat and Dog range are very good, and both the cylinder and the upright are Which Best Buys

mouses Wed 09-Jan-13 23:12:13

thats great help thanks, will be having a look around for one.

mouses Fri 11-Jan-13 10:26:59

I had a look at the miele cat and dog (cylinder), the reviews are good.

does it not come in bagless option?
Ive never used a bagged hoover, bit of a dippy question but do you change the bag every day? (i hoover every day) is it costly to run using bags.

thanks

Another vote for miele cat and dog. It's only bagged, and there are also multiple filters. IIRC, my box of 4 bags come with one engine filter. And there's another box like filter that you should change every year. But it's all worth it because it really really removes that layer of grey fur my cat left on the carpet. I hoover once a week and have to change bag probably every two months.

I had a dyson and it wasn't good enough for my cat. Was great before cat though.

mouses Fri 11-Jan-13 11:10:32

thanks for your help it doesnt seem to pricey to run. i thought you had to change bag every time you hoover blush and was imagening the bag cost!

will need to start saving as the actual hoover is expensive aint it?! but sounds like its worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now