Miele dustbag indicator orange after one use!

(14 Posts)
Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Wed 09-Jan-13 18:21:17

Normally mine means its hose is blocked or it doesn't like the cheap bags I bought!

upinthehills Wed 09-Jan-13 18:13:13

Mine has been fully orange since we demolished a fireplace and preplastered. Has had new filters all round many times and a good brush of its insides outside. I just ignore the orange indicator and change filters when i remember and bag when full.

XBenedict Wed 09-Jan-13 18:08:50

My indicator plays up like this. I tend to visibly check the bag. I read somewhere that it doesn't reset itself properly but as it's such a good vacuum I will forgive it smile

P.s. there is a wee handle at the front of the machine and you use that to open the whole top section.

I just open the compartment and check the bag to see if its full--if not I just keep using it. My miele needs you to use a specific brush head when testing but I don't use that one much so do a visual check instead.

PigletJohn Wed 09-Jan-13 15:58:19

It's my guess that the fine dust has clogged the bag early and reduced the suction. Now you have got a lot of it up (unless you are plastering) there should be less in the next bag.

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Wed 09-Jan-13 15:49:34

LOL at hamster! Yes, I agree it would pick up a lot more dust left from th old vac, but no way would it be full after just two rooms, one of which has a hard floor and was washed yesterday!

Havign Googled it, it seems like lots of people have trouble with this indicator... oh well, will just have to go by when bag seems fill rather than relying on the indicator.

PigletJohn Wed 09-Jan-13 15:47:28

has your pet hamster gone missing?

PigletJohn Wed 09-Jan-13 15:46:31

so that would mean, it's such a good vac that it has picked up lots of fine dust that the old vac hadn't reached?

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Wed 09-Jan-13 15:44:14

Will try the rattling thing, thanks!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 09-Jan-13 15:28:52

Mine did that on the first bag. I used it until it was full then the second one didn't do it.

I have a Meile. I'd say the most likely problem is that something is stuck in the hose - otherwise you should notice some sort of difference when you do the "lift off the floor" thing.

Detach hose and see if you can see daylight through when it is laid out straight. Shake hose and see if rattles! Check head to see if anything is jammed in the inlet there. Check nothing like a hanky/tissue is stuck in the neck of the bag.

Meiles are brilliant!

PigletJohn Wed 09-Jan-13 12:02:49

Check that the bag and filters are correctly fitted and undamaged and no dust can get past.

If it's new it might be much more efficient than the old one.

The things I have found clog them fast are builders dust, animal hair, and new carpets.

As well as the bag, mine has two fine filters. You should get new filters in the box of bags. If like me you are very mean you can keep and wash the filters so you have several spares and can change them more frequently. This keeps them fresher especially if you have a dog.

The new bags made of white porous plastic seem to cope better with fine dust than the brown paper bags.

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Wed 09-Jan-13 11:42:14

Have just used my brand new Miele vacuum for the first time - hoovered two rooms and the duistbag change indicator is orange! Huh? I did the 'lift of the floor' thing and it still says full. I haven't looked at the bag itself yet as I haven't worked out how to yet!, but there is no way it's full after two rooms...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now