Does anyone have a drying cabinet?

(10 Posts)
Virgil Tue 01-Jan-13 12:38:36

And are they any good. Considering one for the utility room for delicates and wet coats etc

I don't have one but have just got back from a holiday in Finland where we had one in our suite. It was fab. If you find any, let me know. A swift Google has only come up with Maytags here. The one we used was a Hotpoint.

noisytoys Thu 03-Jan-13 10:01:32

I just googled I think we need one of these they look so good

Arithmeticulous Thu 03-Jan-13 10:15:50

I wanted one but by the time we finished the utility room JLP had stopped selling the Maytag one.

priscilla101 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:18:35

I've lusted after the Maytag one for aaaages. Can't believe JL aren't selling it anymore. It seems like a fab idea to me though OP! Let us know if you get one!

wonkylegs Thu 03-Jan-13 10:19:25

These guys sell commercially & to domestic customers : www.geautomatic.co.uk/dryingcabinets/index.html

lurkingaroundTheXmasTree Thu 03-Jan-13 11:34:03

How do they compare to a tumble dryer on electricity use?

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 03-Jan-13 13:10:50

We just have enough space in a cupboard which houses the boiler (and hot water pipes). Just enough room for a standing drying rail plus a fixed rail above head height for hanging shirts etc. Can hold 2 wash loads easily and things usully dry within a few hours with just the retained warm from when the boiler is on.

DH informs me it was an Electrolux, not Hotpoint.

Shallishanti Thu 03-Jan-13 18:06:02

http://www.iseappliances.co.uk/products/drying-products/dc158-drying-cabinet.html
v costly though!
this company was recommended by the man who mended my cooker after I was bemoaning the shocking cost of spares and how it's often not economical to mend appliances. They have 10 yr parts and labour guaruntee. But I guess a drying cabinet shouldn't breakdown anyway.
According to them, it's more economical than a tumbler (but not as much as drying outside)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now