Hand held hoovers

(9 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Tue 01-Jan-13 08:41:55

Christmas play-doh.

Keeps DS occupied for hours (so I love it!) but creates lots of little coloured well now bleurgh coloured as the colours have all merged bits everywhere.

So, please recommend a decent handheld rechargeable hoover as getting the Dyson out for a tiny bit of floor is just irritating - and wakes those still asleep in the bedroom next to where it is stored.

Cheaper the better naturally!

Shybairns Tue 01-Jan-13 08:46:25

I have the Black and Decker Dustbuster and it works great. Best house keeping thing I've bought in ages.

CarpeJugulum Tue 01-Jan-13 08:53:44

Looks good - which one?

toomuch2young Tue 01-Jan-13 08:57:55

I have a Hoover bagless it was cheap about £25 I think.
Really good gives 18 mins of charge has nozzles that are perfect for skirting boards and is even powerful enough to do the stairs without balancing the bloody dyson!

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Tue 01-Jan-13 08:58:54

I've got the dyson DC35 which is fab. Most recent model if currently being tested by some lucky MNrs.

CarpeJugulum Tue 01-Jan-13 09:58:15

Love Dyson, can't afford price sad

Am thinking about a corded handheld either - the plug isn't the issue, the weight and ease of use is an issue.

So many to choose from...

CarpeJugulum Thu 03-Jan-13 21:26:12

Shameless bump for anyone prepared to give me a make and model?

I'm getting conflicting reviews between Amazon, Argos and John Lewis!

I've got a rechargeable one from amazon that I love. Its orange. That is all I can remember about it, so will check when I go upstairs. Holds charge for ages which is ace.

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 03-Jan-13 21:44:52

I bought DH the DC34 for his car. It just about lasts long enough for him to give the mats a quick hoover and takes ages to charge back up again. Not worth the money to be honest. The DC35 may be different but like you said, the price is shock. So I wouldn't recommend this one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now