Best Fabric Conditioner?

(22 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 31-Dec-12 15:21:30

Have now got a washing machine that allows me to use fabric conditioner, very excited!

Using Aldi concentrated at the moment. It's ok but the fragrance doesn't last too long on the clothes.

When DCS have had little pals to play I've often caught a strong fragrant whiff emanating from their school jumpers but been too embarrassed to ask their mums!

So which fabric conditioner has longest lasting results oh wise ones?

TheRealMrsSmith Mon 31-Dec-12 15:34:25

I used to use aldi own, but i wanted the smell to last longer. I like to use Lenor or Comfort, whichever is on special. I do find that the fragrance from Lenor lasts the longest though.

Ponders Mon 31-Dec-12 15:39:20

my current absolute favourite is the sensitive one from Lidl - a huge bottle of concentrate is just under £2, I use 1½ caps (it's an 8kg machine), the smell is lovely (though delicate, but it lasts longer than Comfort)

the 'brand' is doussy & it's the white one

Theas18 Mon 31-Dec-12 15:44:53

An aldi devotee here! i'm using their 2 in 1 lavender tablets which aren't bad.

I also have a large bottle of tesco "everyday" conditioner which i am hugely impressed with it was only 99p I think too!

PigletJohn Mon 31-Dec-12 16:03:38

your snout will get acclimatised to the scent of your favourite conditioner, so that you no longer notice it.

If you get a couple of flavours, and use them alternate weeks, you will be able to smell them.

it will smell stronger to other people who don't use the same one (unless they are smokers)

BaconAndAvocado Mon 31-Dec-12 17:19:24

Like the idea of alternating tow different ones.

Also like the idea of splashing out on some high end glop - Lenor here I come!

It's all so decadent....!

PolterGoose Mon 31-Dec-12 18:38:05

The Lenor gold bottle one smells divine, and actually smells even better after a few months in the airing cupboard. I rotate various sensitive skin/pure ones for day to day use, whatever is on offer.

I bought some blue Lenor that stunk the sheets out for ages. Is that the kind of thing you wanted?

As you can tell we don't like smelly fabric softener.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 31-Dec-12 23:25:03

Yes fluffy that's exactly what I wanted grin

Karbea Mon 31-Dec-12 23:29:37

You know yo u shouldn't really use fabric conditioner, especially if you have children.
Makes non flammable fabrics flammable.

LynetteScavo Mon 31-Dec-12 23:31:16

Comfort Sensitive.

I did change to Aldi, but DH complained it was sickly (and I couldn't smell it at all)

DH particularly likes Ecover, he says every thing is soft and smells lovely.

The best combination I ever found was Persil non bio and comfort sensative. People used to almost eat my babies.

Ponders Mon 31-Dec-12 23:58:32

ah, my best combination is Aldi bio tablets + the Lidl rinse I mentioned upthread. It's yummy smile

spudmurphy Tue 01-Jan-13 00:00:03

M&S do a good one

VerySmallSqueak Tue 01-Jan-13 00:13:33

I used to love fabric conditioner (the stronger the smell the better) but since I stopped using it about a year ago I actually really dislike the smell of clothes that are washed with it now.They all smell too chemically to me. As someone mentioned up thread, I also gave up a very long smoking habit a couple of years ago which has dramatically affected my sense of smell.

If I want stuff to smell fresher I put a couple of drops of tea tree oil diluted in water in the fabric conditioner compartment.But generally I just love the smell of Ecover washing powder.

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Tue 01-Jan-13 00:16:40

Tesco value, the white one. Costs about 90p for a huge bottle. Smells lovely smile

Thanks for that Mildred, I was wondering what to buy when our white comfort ran out because I bought it 10ltrs for £8 and you can't always find bargains like that.

We only have the white ones.

nappydaysagain Tue 01-Jan-13 10:05:59

The fairy fabric softener lasts quite a while. I also like the blue comfort.

wrinklyraisin Tue 01-Jan-13 20:21:13

Mrs Meyers Clean Day lavender fabric softener. Makes everything smell delicately floral. And soft. I love doing laundry now, sniffing the dry clothes is yummy! Crazy. But yummy!

BaconAndAvocado Tue 01-Jan-13 20:56:44

Where do you buy said FC wrinkly? It sounds intriguing.......

wrinklyraisin Wed 02-Jan-13 00:15:27

I'm in the USA. I don't know if you can get it in Europe? Try amazon?

I used to hate the fake chemical smell of most FC. This smells divine and really is very fresh and natural smelling. I use Charlie's Laundry soap with it. Fab combo without lots of nasty chemicals.

WinkyWinkola Wed 02-Jan-13 00:19:46

Blue comfort.

Icelollycraving Wed 02-Jan-13 09:38:50

White comfort,I dislike a lot of the fragrances used in most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now