Cutting the c*@p decluttering challenge!

(10 Posts)
Paintyourbox Sun 30-Dec-12 19:08:00

Hi everyone,

I am going back to work after having DD 6 months ago and despite saying I would have the house sorted before then, it's still full of crap.

Earlier in the year some of us on the S and B board did a 100 day beauty challenge which was a great way of motivating each other and exchanging tips.

I have decided to undertake a 100 day de-cluttering challenge, you can follow my progress on my blog www.beautybellabellezza.blogspot.com

Does anyone fancy joining me in 100 days of clutter clearing?!

bessie26 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:13:22

<waves!!!>

Have you heard of Fly Lady? She is big on decluttering - her site might give you some ideas on how to not get overwhelmed (just ignore the annoying bits)

A few of us are embarking/revisiting her "babysteps" starting 1 Jan in the hope of getting various bits of the house under control - do come over & join us!

cikecaka Mon 31-Dec-12 13:24:59

Oh me! I am normally to be found flitting in and out of the slatterns thread! Starting today in DD1 and DD2s room!

Paintyourbox Tue 01-Jan-13 18:31:51

Hi Cike how's the decluttering going?! I have sorted my bathroom- it looks so much bigger! I still have to clean the skirtings though (moved a tallboy and revealed a lot of dust!)

Oh me! I'm forever trying to declutter, but I end up sifting through the crap and dumping it in my bedroom. I really need the house sorted as it takes me so long to clean!

Today I emptied the ottoman, binned all the old magazines and crap that had amassed in there and popped our blankets in. The corner of the sitting room now looks lovely! I'll tackle what I can in the rest of the sitting room once the DC's are in bed.

Paintyourbox Fri 04-Jan-13 09:24:11

Hi wewereherefirst how's it going?

I have been ill most of the week so haven't achieved much. I did get some bargain storage boxes for Lego.

I am back at work after mat leave on Monday so it's going to get harder but I am determined to tackle the kitchen cupboards this weekend!

bessie26 Wed 09-Jan-13 22:00:15

How's it going?

How was work paint?

I seem to have been quite effective at moving stuff around - my dining room is full of spare furniture, baby clothes & toys, rather than being spread around the house which I am counting as progress!

ClareMarriott Thu 10-Jan-13 09:16:39

An alternative to a 100 day challenge is to contact apdo-uk.co.uk , the professional body for declutterers. If you feel it would be financially ok, then you could get yourself sorted in about 3/4 days. I can say this as a professional declutterer myself

Paintyourbox Thu 10-Jan-13 11:58:19

Oh my it's not going very well! Have been in hospital with gastroenteritis so haven't been out of bed in days. My first couple of days at work were brilliant- now panicking they are going to think I am a right slacker!

DP has been decluttering however and sold a heap of stuff he no longer uses on eBay!

bessie26 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:32:55

oooh paint, sounds nasty, hope you are feeling much better soon. Well done to your DH though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now