Dumb question warning!

(14 Posts)
Mum2Fergus Sun 30-Dec-12 18:58:46

6foot sounds dreamy, pardon the pun lol...and possibly achievable in the new house! Cant get in to measure up to be sure but certainly looks do-able on the Estate Agents plans smile

magimedi88 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:46:10

We've gone for a zip-link bed - so it's 2 x 3foot singles but, for now, we have it as a super king. Wonderful - OH has a softer matress than me & I don't wake up when he gets up to pee as don't feel him move. Best thing ever - sleep so much better.

Frostyfoxy Sun 30-Dec-12 13:05:10

My parents have a double duvet that is something like 6tog on one side and 13tog on the other as my dad is much colder than my mum (in more ways than just temperature actually!)

zlist Sun 30-Dec-12 09:56:34

I agree - just stick with the same pillows with a Kingsize.
If you can possibly fit in a 6ft bed I would give that serious consideration though. I had a 6 ft bed in my 2 bed starter home and it was fine (need bigger pillows/extra pillow in the middle for that size though). In fact it was bliss - I miss it!
I moved (divorce) a long distance and left it behind and since then have had a 5 ft (kingsize) bed. I am still kicking myself for not insisting on a 6ft bed space when we had sharps fitted furniture installed. The gap is only 1 cm too small! Getting the furniture altered and getting a 6 ft bed is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Yes to single duvets! We have different togs, it is bliss grin

ihatethecold Sat 29-Dec-12 23:03:07

Not boasting or owt. But I've got a superkingsize bed.
It's 6ft wide. blush
I love it so much.
Best thing I've ever bought.

specialsubject Sat 29-Dec-12 22:11:17

no, just the usual number of pillows. Don't forget the bigger fitted sheet too.

kingsize beds are just the best!

MousyMouse Sat 29-Dec-12 20:51:38

we have two singles as dh is a sweaty bastard gets very warm.
he has a 6 tog duvet while I have a 13 tog one + extra blanket + hot water bottle...

Mum2Fergus Sat 29-Dec-12 20:45:37

Lol to 2 single duvets and a row of pillows down the middle...actually, I think I might! Thanks folks grin

ihatethecold Sat 29-Dec-12 17:06:21

get a super kingsize duvet, then you will both have plenty of covers,

i have one and i do take it to the launderette to be washed.
i buy my huge covers either in the sale or at tkmaxx.

dont get 2 singles, thats so sad!

MousyMouse Sat 29-Dec-12 16:49:06

no no no to kingsize duvet. get 2 singles, much easier to wash and change.
and no one will hog your side of the duvet leaving you bare arsed

homeaway Sat 29-Dec-12 16:46:55

Hi you can add an extra pillow in the middle if you want smile

Monty27 Sat 29-Dec-12 16:41:00

Lol, no you won't have to replace the pillows.

Mum2Fergus Sat 29-Dec-12 16:39:32

Thinking of investing in a new bed to go with new house and would like to go from double to kingsize. I know kingsize duvet will be required, but what about pillows?! Do you get them bigger or does one size fit all?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now