my 2 lots of washing (towels) had come out smelling damp.

(9 Posts)
biglips Sat 29-Dec-12 10:44:36

I have used my normal powder and liquid but that if it had gone pass the towels as cannot smell it smelling lovely.

what do i need to put in the washing machine to get rid of that damp smell.

thanks

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sat 29-Dec-12 10:48:12

Maintenance wash. Hottest and longest cycle, empty, with a glue of bleach for good measure.

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sat 29-Dec-12 10:49:02

Oh and empty your filter at the bottom of the machine and clean the drawer. All places where stink harbours!

zlist Sat 29-Dec-12 12:41:31

I second the filter at the bottom.

MariahScarey Sat 29-Dec-12 12:42:05

Or you've overfilled the machine

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sat 29-Dec-12 12:51:21

And you should wash your towels on hot cycle every so often. All this rubbish about cooler washes is actually pumping more chemicals in to the system and cost more for the "solutions" the washing power manufacturer are offering!

biglips Sat 29-Dec-12 20:28:00

Thanks everyone as ill try the maintenance one first. only had 5 bath and hand towels in each load. And I usually wash them on a v hot wash but this time put on a daily wash (40c) . I only unblocked and cleaned the filter 2 wks ago cos it wasnt draining properly and it was a sock that caused it.

PigletJohn Sun 30-Dec-12 09:28:49

How do you dry the washing?

If it is draped damp around the house it will encourage mouldy towels.

biglips Thu 03-Jan-13 21:25:09

got it sorted.......it was inside the drum the damp smell was coming from so i sprintled Ariel stain remover powder inside the drum and poured a small amount of bleach in drawer. problem solved! thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now