Making a New start, Stepping into the New year

(811 Posts)
BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 28-Dec-12 04:28:55

Hi all, After a pretty rough ride last year (2012) I think I feel ready to start again with babysteps
So who's with me for the journey?

Old and new steppers are welcome!

Lets do this one small step at a time!

Karbea Thu 03-Jan-13 17:00:04

Hello,

I've done none of the steps yet, but I have done all of upstairs and my lounge. Today I tidied and swept/steamed the hall floor and hoovered the stairs.

Yesterday I also tidied and ordered all of my shoes and clothes.

Scout19075 Thu 03-Jan-13 17:23:20

I think babystep three is to read one of the emails from FlyLady but not sure. I get the emails but must admit they bore and/or frustrate me so I don't read most of them.

Hello all ("old" and new)!

Today's list includes:

SB & I up and dressed
Letter Foam Projects -- draw (--Ii--, Pp, Nn)
Letter Foam Projects -- cut (--Ii--, Pp, Nn)
email friend
tidy up presents upstairs
fold all clothes upstairs
make cranberry sauce (to freeze)
separate cranberry sauce
freeze cranberry sauce
wash up slow cooker and put away for trip home
print train pictures to color
have SB color pictures (thank you notes!)
upload pictures from Christmas
upload pictures from skating
write thank you notes for mine presents (x3)
town center for stamps and to look at shop
start to pack suitcase with Christmas presents
empty trash bin of nappies
reline trash can

Slowish start to the morning since I didn't feel very well. SB & MrScout are building Lego and I'm surfing the web.

GirlOutNumbered Thu 03-Jan-13 17:50:42

ah, okay thank you
ChristmasKnackers (name changed)

oooggs Thu 03-Jan-13 19:35:15

Adora - where abouts are you? <<<< very nosey emotion>>>>>>>>

AdoraJingleBells Thu 03-Jan-13 20:05:15

Ooooooh, you nosey individual oooggs wink I'm in Chile.grin

oooggs Thu 03-Jan-13 20:09:05

Wow!!! Jealous of your sunshine from a very wet Cornwall

TheOnlyPink Thu 03-Jan-13 20:18:17

BlackCatinChaos thanks so much for the motivation!

Got the decorations down. Living room looks miserable, but got the floors washed and a good tidy while i'm at it. Sink is shined after dinner.

Adora make us jealous, how hot is it in Chile?

XBenedict Thu 03-Jan-13 20:37:46

OK sink is soaking ready for a shine in a hour! Off we go in the XBenedict household smile

Micha54178 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:47:11

I love the idea of this, I would love to have the picture perfect show home but with three kids, two dogs and a cat I've no chance. I always set myself a huge list of tasks and spend the whole weekend trying to fix everything!! Very frustrating and hardly ever works!! Does it matter if I start on Monday? Procrastination at its best!

Hi all
had a reasonable day,
dishwasher done
washing machine done
sink shiney
one bag of paperwork sorted and filed into recylcing or files.

Going to get another bag done tomorrow.
been with Dh he had an operation on his eye this afternoon.
tomorrow need to have boys haircut before going back to school next week.
Also need to double check all uniform and stuff is ready.

AdoraJingleBells Thu 03-Jan-13 22:02:45

I like Cornwall, haven't been there for quite a few years though.

it is currently around 32C outside, too hot to do much. Should start cooling down in an hour or so, when I collect DD2 from a friend's. Then I need to do dinner. WM is on it's second run and DW needs emptying. Sinks were shiny this morning but the day has messed them up again. Tree and decos are still in situ.

Never hope DH isn't too sore after his op and he recovers quickly.

BlackCatinChaos Thu 03-Jan-13 23:03:26

Hi all, just popping in before bed --must try and get out of the late nights habit and go to bed earlier--

Here is babystep 4

Things don't really get going yet but then the whole babysteps thing is about taking small steps.

Micha Hi, you will be fine to start on Monday.

I think I must make an effort to get some laundry done tomorrow.

AdoraBell Fri 04-Jan-13 00:26:18

Micha absolutely, start on Monday, and if you fall off the flying wagon just climb back on when you feel ready. No guilt heregrin.

Well, OH went to collect DD2 so we've eaten, cleared away- OH emptied DW and washed up, I put the towels on the line. Currently watching TV with DDs not MNing at all, not me

Micha54178 Fri 04-Jan-13 08:07:45

Thanks black and adora, I shall start on Monday. I'll post then. Have a good weekend

Morning everyone. smile

Yesterday was ok. I shined my sink and did the DW and WM. I also cleaned down the kitchen surfaces.

Today I'm out and about so I'll fit it around that and I want to do 15 minutes in my dining room too. I've managed to keep the bits of hall I did clear too.

Can anyone explain swipe and swish to me? Is it just about cleaning the lavatory?

TheOnlyPink Fri 04-Jan-13 09:10:19

TheOne, hope this helps [[ www.flylady.net/d/br/2012/05/15/what-is-swish-and-swipe/ Swish and Swipe]]

So feeling very productive today. I've stuck to my to do list all week!
I'm up and dressed, sink is shiney after breakfast. Need to keep on top of the laundry and do 15 mins declutter in the dining room. Its my biggest "hotspot"

TheOnlyPink Fri 04-Jan-13 09:11:38

Aw, link didnt work! lol!

Paintyourbox Fri 04-Jan-13 09:20:32

Hi everyone,

Not much done yesterday- sink looks great but still feeling ill. Did manage a yoga class though.

SpangleMaker Fri 04-Jan-13 09:37:57

Morning everyone! Haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's posts yet but will do so later.

VERY busy day yesterday - back to work, fortunately working at home but loads to do as I have a big deadline in mid-Jan. Cleared what I needed to do and cleaned out work bag. Then I stupidly decided to sort through a huge pile of last year's papers (turns out the pile dated back to Sept 2011 blush ). Important things like car insurance certificate and long lost cheque book mixed up with DC drawings and letters from nursery. Took me until midnight but it's done now, phew!

Not working now until Tuesday and DH still off so a more relaxing day. Just need to do laundry, clean bathroom then DS's school application this evening.

I'll be back to catch up properly later.

Thanks Pink. So basically a quick clean of the loo and then wipe down the bathroom.

I need to check uniform today too. I don't think I'll get it all done today. I'm so not in the mood.

HellesBelles396 Fri 04-Jan-13 09:44:46

Putting in a bid for most northerly on this thread: Northumberland. Very grey today sad

Up, dressed to socks and bed aired and made smile

Breakfast dishes washed, dried and sink shone smile

1 Hotspot cleared smile

Next on list: haircut grin grin grin grin (down past bra-strap due to lack of interest in own appearance. I noticed I was looking longingly at scissors, hedge shears, etc so made an appointment)

Also to do:
shopping sad. made list smile
tidy fridge/freezer (i'll do that first)
prepare for tutoring tomorrow
prepare for scout leaders meeting tonight
hang calendars

I'd also like a 15min declutter in the study (needs a 15 day declutter)

bessie26 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:16:08

hi everyone. Had a hectic 2 days at work this week & am pleased to be home with the DDs today grin

I suspect I am the most easterly - about 10miles away from the sea in East Anglia.

spangle I did DD1's school application on weds - I put the 3 schools down I was always going to put down, so not sure why I left it so late! If I'd known you could go online & change your mind I would have done it months ago!

well done on the yoga class paint - take it easy if you are still poorly though.

WM has probably finished by now, so will move that to TD & put another load on soon. We have walked round to the local shop to buy some milk. Lunch is in the slow cooker & I have washed up the mess I created making that! shock Just remembered I put some descaler on the taps upstairs earlier - had better go rinse it off!

Struggling to get going here!

Having lunch and then seeing how I get on!

BlackCatinChaos Fri 04-Jan-13 15:55:35

Hows everyone doing now? Did you get going Arti?

Today I have:
made bed
got showered and dressed
breakfast
lunch
been shopping
and swish and swiped in bathroom so not exactly done things in the right order.

Just stopping for a tea break now.

HellesBelles396 Fri 04-Jan-13 16:03:07

So far today:

hot spot
shopping (with list based on meal plan smile )
tidied fridge and freezer
put bin out
got hair cut
made sandwiches to freeze for next week's packed lunches grin

Still to do:
prep for tutoring tomorrow
prep for section leaders meeting tonight to plan next term's cub meetings

and my sink's still shiny smile smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now