Making a New start, Stepping into the New year

(811 Posts)
BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 28-Dec-12 04:28:55

Hi all, After a pretty rough ride last year (2012) I think I feel ready to start again with babysteps
So who's with me for the journey?

Old and new steppers are welcome!

Lets do this one small step at a time!

AdoraBell Sun 03-Feb-13 02:10:41

YY to Not signing up for Flylady e-mails, I did and I've had 5 yesterday and about 7 today. To be fair they are making changes but, just don't!

Took DDs to the cinema this arvo, walking in we met DD1's boyfriend with friends of his and they were seeing the same movie. Afterwards we ate (without boyfriends) and then got the weekly shop done. It was a mistake, I'm suffering now. Still, I have the meat and fish for next week, and dog food. should only need to top up fruit and veg about Wednesday.

Other than another 3 loads of washing and the DW I haven't done any cleaning, and I don't plan on starting now.

bessie26 Sun 03-Feb-13 11:11:54

Morning all!

I saw a tweet from FlyLady this am apologising for what's been happening with their emails...

We have just taken the DD's to the park for a walk/bike. My main cleaning aims for the day are to vacuum everywhere & change the girls bed sheets.

AdoraBell Sun 03-Feb-13 13:24:50

Glad you've had some "play time" with DDs Bessie

I'm the only one up so far, 10.15 am, WM is on and my ankle is very sore after yesterday's reckless outing. One job I must do is get the fumigated dog food out of the house before OH is back, I know he will confuse the bags.

There was also an e-mail apologizing for the e-mail hiccup so many e-mails, I can't cope -HELP

liveinazoo Sun 03-Feb-13 13:42:26

hi everyone<welcome jess>
<practically inhales chocolate medal.yum yumgrin>

friday i strolled inot town withdp and picked up aome self adhesive floor tiles from the poundshop-my hall is super shabby and moneys tight at the moment.cost just £8!!!

p/m i laid said tiles.happy days.i now have hall that looks much more respectablesmile!
as its 3miles each way to town didnt do much else other than collet zoolets and make dinner

saturday we went out as sun was shiningshock
took kids to local nature reserve<5min walk away>with their bikes and they trundled around for 2 hours on nice smooth pathways away from roads with birds singing the odd bunny tail bouncing away and nice views<sighs>.we got very cold hands though and i felt on our return that hot chocolate was an essential hand warmerwink
p/m did 2 loads washing and dried/put away
hot spotted the frnt room and then snuggled with them on the sofa and watched 101 dalmations dvdgrin
made dinner<pasta,pesto and green veg>
washed up

todays ta dahs
2nd laod just gone into washing machine<1st in drier>
been food shopping
took kids out for a walk<as dry but cloudy.we ar eplannin gto watch harry potter on tv in a bit so i felt some activity was necessary or might not sleep later!>

when i get off here i need to clean worksurfaces as scout cat been strolling on themhmm
and hot spot the front room

then its bath and nit check the zoolets and settle down to some tv!
tonights dinner decided<butter and green bean risotto>

thats probably as much as is guna happen today!

hope you all have a good one
see you tomorrow
p.s are we starting a feb thread or just trundling with this one?

AdoraBell Mon 04-Feb-13 01:53:39

Almost finished washing all the sheets & towels used for fumigation, only 1 small load to do. Now have 2 mountains in the kitchen as I can't stand for long enough to fold them, and can't get them upstairs to the cupboard. Still, at least they are clean mountainssmile

Other Ta Das

Did lunch
DW
Gave the kitchen a very quick wipe
Dogs are fed and watered
Contimated food disposed of
Other bins emptied
Collected OH from the airport I deserve a chocolate medal for actually bringing him home, the miserable sod
Made drinks when we got home
Made sandwiches for tea
Sent DDs off to bed.
Will flick the switch on DW before I go to bed

See you all tomorrow.

Scout19075 Mon 04-Feb-13 10:13:05

Busy weekend which was spent more out than in. "Quiet" day today but I've promised SmallBoy a trip to the swimming pool so he and I could splash each other. List is a bit scary but mostly manageable, I think:

SB & I up & dressed
shine sink
wash dishes, breakfast
wash dishes, lunch
wash dishes, dinner
wash pots/pans
wash slow cooker from Sunday
wash down stove
pack lunch/snacks for swimming
swimming
hang wet swim gear
update SB's Daily Done Diary (DDD) -- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday I can't find where I put the bloody thing so am behind!
line nappy bin
write letters/emails/card -- E, P&N
SB letters/pictures -- O, P, P&N
GO! Delete girls
grocery shop
put groceries away
fling, kitchen
fling, living room
fling, upstairs
declutter, kitchen
declutter, living room
declutter, upstairs
fold clothes
put away
figure out storage system for trains
upload pictures
email
burn CD -- all pictures from party
town -- bank -- coins
town -- Boots -- MrScout's pills
update diary with group HE dates
check out potatoes box
box up Valentine's treats (MrScout's present)
email K re: tomorrow

Morning all
How is it all going?
Scout, Zoo and Adora - you've done loads!

Yesterday I actually did some cleaning shock
I dusted and vacuumed the bedroom - which is much easier to do since I decluttered a bit;
wiped down kitchen surfaces;
washed kitchen and bathroom floor with my lovely steam mop;
dusted living room (which still needs to be de-cluttered a bit more I think!)

I've been quite inspired ( on and off) about decluttering since reading and posting on the minimalist threads. I am nowhere near a minimalist, not do I want to be, but it is inspiring me to chuck out crap make things a bit more streamlined.

Jess - how has your weekend been?

AdoraBell Mon 04-Feb-13 13:48:45

Slow start for me this morning. Ankle pain kept me awake.

Got up and made tea, went back to bed with mine
Told OH he'd have to do his own porridge because I can't stand for long
Told OH no, I haven't done porridge, I told you I wasn't going to do it
Spent a few mins watching quails in the garden, then realised the dogs must still be chained up
Fed and unleashed the beasts
Emptied bathroom bin
Made a coffee
Elevated my ankle
I want to make a cake, not sure if I'll get that far

I've been finding it hard to keep focused on work today - managed about 2 and a half hours and I'm off to teach shortly. Wish I didn't keep getting so sidetracked on irrelevancies!

liveinazoo Mon 04-Feb-13 17:06:18

<passes adora chocolate medal for colllecting miserable beggar from the airportgrin>

for reasons unknown the zoolets were all maurauding at 4.45 today so my ta dah is pretty good,though im really tired now!

ta dah
5th load washing just gone in-3 loads folded after drying,one load needed ironing.all sorted and all put away
hot spot front room
bins out
recycling out
breakfast for zoolets<were starving and requested not just porridge with pear and blueberries,but toast and yogurt tooshock!
washed up
helped little zoo untangle herself from her onesy!
packed lunches made
lunchbags drawn<we are currently using brown paper bags for lunches and i draw on them to make them fun and individualsmile>
school run
quick trip to co op for bread and milk
my breakfast
polished in all bedrooms,and washed windows all bedrooms
s+s bathroom
sorted pile toys that neede cleaning that were on the landing.then put away
wiped sofa<melted chocolate incident on fake leather>and sewed up a small hole in the seam
lunch
brushed cats<shedding dreadfully ana keep sneezing when wash themselves as sniff in own fur!>
litter tray cleaned
some time out and a sudoku bookgrin
school run
bathed little zoo and ds
after school snack
coats into washing machine
wiped kitchen surface<cat been strolling againhmm>
decided on dinner<pasta,pesto,broccoli and green beans followed by some strawberry frozen yogurt i found when rummaging in the freezersmile>

artiplod on regardless honey!<if you need a pointy stick you know where i amwinkgrin>

AdoraBell Tue 05-Feb-13 15:51:26

<gobbles up chocolate medal, thanks Zoogrin>

Ta Da's

OH brought me a coffee in bed
Up and dressed
Breakfast
OH fed dogs and put dustbin out

Yesterday I tackled one of my mountains, folded and put away most of the sheets and fleece blankets.

Currently watching and advising DD1 packing for our trip. It's painful, she's carefully moving things from one pile to another, very carefully screwing up the ironed clothes as she goes, and taking extra care not actualy make any progress. She's accustomed to OH losing patientence and taking over. But he's not here.

Thanks zoo for your pointy stick encouragement.
I've done a little bit better today.
2hrs work done so far
Washing in machine and dishwasher set off.
A few more items de-cluttered
Just about to do some more work before students arrive.

bessie26 Tue 05-Feb-13 22:12:29

DH is away for work, so today I have
- packed the girls off to GPs
- gone to work
- got back in time to shuffle the cars around
- made tea
- got both the girls bathed & in bed by 715!
- NOT gone to yoga <sniff>
- washed up & cleaned the kitchen
- made tomorrows lunch
- laid out clothes & packed bags for tomorrow
- updated my appraisal
- drunk 2 large glasses of port
- failed to get to bed early

Just realised I haven't made my breakfast for tomorrow (have to eat it at my desk) - arse - am doing that then going to bed

AdoraBell Wed 06-Feb-13 01:59:20

<lays out fresh coffee and banana loaf for Bessie's brekies>

So,

Rest of the sheets and towels are folded, but not yet put away
Food has been eaten, OH was out on business and is now in bed.
Dogs fed and watered
Rubbish taken out
DW on
WM emptied
Port pouredgrin

See you tomorrow.

bessie26 Wed 06-Feb-13 08:36:46

mmmm thanks adora!

Morning everyone.
Yesterday didn't turn out too badly in the end. I got done the work I needed to plus a very little bit of decluttering. I need to get on this morning though!

liveinazoo Wed 06-Feb-13 14:14:06

<passes arti flowers.keep going!grin>
i didnt get here yesterday.dp was here and is always very full on when he underfoot around

yesterdays tadahs
-3 loads washing,2 dry folded and put away<third needs ironingsad>
s=s bathroom
sort kids for school
made lunches
school run
my breakfast
hot spot front room
cleaned dishes and put away
made a start on cupboard under the stairs<to be continued...grin>
lunch
long walk with dp<as was cold but sunny>
school run<start snowing hard way back.was perishing>
dp was on Trmly Learning Conference duty<<im fed up doing them,they are the bane of my existance..[harks back fondly to traditional parents eve twice a year]i dont need to see a teaher 4x a year to sign a contract saying im doing the best for my child,for said child to plan what they are going to do improve their work and for teacher to sign how she will facilitate this.angryas i sadi to a teacher i know well once.i will send them on time and appropriately dressed.they will listena dn respond according as you teach.end of.only good thing is dcs show you some work they are especially proud of<but bring all books home at the end of the year and show me again>>
i didnt book an appoinment for little zoo<she super smart and as attends a school that priioritises learn through play she isnt doing anything much cept socializing and learning to read at home!>we had some time together one ot one which was nicesmile
dad came in happy they are doing ok.ds is on target despite missing most of mast term adn still above average at reading.his teacher apparently said quite pointedly though he would be probably top of the class if had better attendance.needs to learn times tables.dd2 was just above average reding.average everything else.job done!
made kids tea
washed up
bedtime stories etc
made tea for dp and i
collapsed in front tv and fell akip on himblush

todays tadahs<thin onteh ground>
little zoo up 5am<snuggle 20mins till rest got up>
coloured wth little zoo
breakfast/packed lunches made
lunchbags drawn<moshi monsters for the dds and astrosaur picture for ds>
plaited girls hair
school run
my breakfast
ironing
nap<!>
lunch
washed up
hot spot front room
s+s bathroom

i slept really well last night<first time in ages> and i feel really tired now,despite waking full energy and raring to go!

hope everyones ok
<wanders off to try and wake brain with a sudoku puzzle befor collect dcs and to stop self falling akip again!>

AdoraBell Wed 06-Feb-13 20:39:42

Another "light" day here, ankle is improving but I'm mindfully that next week's trip is full of days out and I want to be able to go on all the excursions. I don't want to go to teh southernmost city of the world and sit in a hotel room.

So, 2 loads in WM, one still to be hung out
Breakfast and lunch done
DW filled and ready to go, as soon as I finish this coffee
Dogs watered
Laundry basket (contents, odd socks and DD's nix) sorted

HellesBelles396 Wed 06-Feb-13 21:38:54

haven't been on in ages. packed lunches not made this week, slow cooker not used this week, washing up just done for the first time this week

smile three days of work
smile bedroom is tidy
smile washing is up to date
smile meeting at ds school attended
smile ds appointment at dental hospital attended
smile shopped for cubs pancake night
smile ran cubs
smile returned equipment to scout stores instead of bringing it home to clutter up my house smile

bessie26 Wed 06-Feb-13 21:45:36

So where are cats and hellesbelles??

I've had a dull day at work, but did manage to sell a purple bookcase that was cluttering up my dining room - got £10 so I am pleased as I only paid £20 second hand for it a couple of years ago!

DD2 will be out of her cot at the end of the month (we are waiting until we get back from hols) so am getting desperate to get rid of a few more bits of furniture from her room!!

Kitchen is clean, & am all prepped for tomorrow (clothes laid out, my breakfast made & bags packed). Must go wash my face mask off & then do my hair.

bessie26 Wed 06-Feb-13 21:47:35

A-ha! There's one of them! Good to see you back HB - I thought you had gone AWOL! grin

AdoraBell Wed 06-Feb-13 23:07:19

Dinner is sortedgrin, it's going to be French style chicken from the BBC's good food website. Just have to get off my rear end and cook it. Having spent this week on the couch nursing my ankle I don't feel the need to eat much at all, but the family still does. There is half a Black Forest gateaux to be finished off though, t'was OH's birthday cake at the weekend.

Helles very well done on not bringing the scout supplies home.

Bessie well done on selling the book case

Scout19075 Thu 07-Feb-13 20:26:50

Flying is going to be on hold for a few days -- SB and I are trying toilet training tomorrow. confused I'm going to focus on him 100% -- I told him that tomorrow we're having an at home day, we'll do more Pp projects, do puzzles together (he loves doing puzzles), practice using scissors (he was very excited about that!) and that in the morning when he woke up he'd put on his big boy pants (he can choose which ones from the pack he picked out last week) and we would do lots of sitting on the toilet (he sits on it now, fully clothed, talking about going to the toilet and wearing big boy pants) to try and pee in the toilet and not on himself. I told him it was okay if he forgot and he peed on himself but that he should try to be a big boy and pee in the toilet.

Gah! I'm scared!

HellesBelles396 Thu 07-Feb-13 21:06:00

scout he'll do Brill - if my ds managed it (a decade ago! scary) anyone can. that boy was determined to stick with his nappies...

AdoraBell Thu 07-Feb-13 22:12:52

Good luck Scout and SB, sounds like he's well prepairedgrin

A few things done here, still struggling with my ankle though.

3 loads in WM, last one to be hung out in a few mins
Meals done and cleared up, only dinner to tackle now

Still to do, other than dinner,
Remove flaking nail varnish, wash hair
Write shopping list for tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now