Making a New start, Stepping into the New year

(811 Posts)
BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 28-Dec-12 04:28:55

Hi all, After a pretty rough ride last year (2012) I think I feel ready to start again with babysteps
So who's with me for the journey?

Old and new steppers are welcome!

Lets do this one small step at a time!

AdoraBell Thu 10-Jan-13 13:33:01

Right, whatname <pushes sleeves up> I wanna word wiv yoo.

You've got 3 things on your Didn't Do list and 4 on your Did Do list.
So you've done moré than you've not done, see.wink

As for my Ta Das

Got up & dressed
Roused DDs
Breakfast OH got his own while I Did drinks because he's a clever boy
Harried DDs To get washed before dressing
OH dropped us off for volley ball - which meand we're walking home
E-mailed a friend while enjoyong a coffee and the view

Still To do

Oh, load but the heat us defeating me!

Ta Da

Put another load of washing on
Unload dishwasher and start reloading with dirties
Vacuum living room and hall (sort of)
Empty kitchen bin and take out recycling (a pain as I'm in a first floor flat!)

to dos - not much as rushing from one thing to another!

Oh - OK I lied ( inadvertently)! I haven't taken the recycling out yet

TheOnlyPink Thu 10-Jan-13 20:53:10

TheOne i'm sorry to hear you arent feeling good hun, I hope it passes quickly. I think it makes perfect sense to only have a basics list! Good luck with it, I hope you will still post your extra TaDas!!

Mad busy here today, was SERIOUSLY tempted to leave it all, but so glad i didnt!

Tada!
Up, washed and dressed on time
Breakfast table cleared before leaving
Laundry washed, dried and put away
Hoovered the car
Toys cleared up
Floors swept
Sink shiny
Clothes ironed and laid out for tomorrow
Lunches made

Havent done, but really have to do it tomorrow
sort out the bag of clothes for donation/bin. (been on my list all week and still isnt done!*
Floors washed

Well here is my tada list. It's longer than my basic list so I've done well I think.

Tada:

Up and dressed
Bed made
Breakfast done
School run
Washing up to date
Shiny sink
Dishes done
Lunch and dinner
Cleaned my kitchen work surfaces
Swept my hall and kitchen
Washing up

I'm working tonight so hope to be sleeping after the school run tomorrow. It's meant to be sunny this weekend so I will have to get out for a walk if I can.

Everyone else seems to be doing really well. smile

HellesBelles396 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:54:47

I am feeling grumpy and disillusioned. With myself not flylady.

I have dishes in my sink (I KNOW!) and CBA to wash them because I know, once I do, I also have to pack up the food in the slow cooker for freezing AND pack for WinterCamp tomorrow AND tidy around AND actually that's it. I'm just a wimp.

Meant to say thank you for the encouragement as well. It helps to keep me going. thanks

HellesBelles396 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:57:34

You've done really well TheOne it's amazing what you can achieve once you get started.

ScubaSarah Thu 10-Jan-13 21:21:31

Ta Da's

Must do for today:
smile Completed 3 reports for work on the train to work
smile Survived 9-4pm back to back meetings
smile Got on 5:30 train home so I am home for dinner
shock Persuade DH it's his turn to cook, again NO - went for curry blush

hmm still to Shine sink

bessie26 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:39:36

did anyone get chance to try out today's babystep?

I didn't, but plan to do it tomorrow when sorting out the kids books!

Scout19075 Thu 10-Jan-13 22:04:25

This not having a car business is for the birds -- we've been out more than in (walking everywhere and trying to fit all errands/activities into one trip to save a bit of time) and so I haven't been able to do nearly as much as I hoped/wanted to/need to. But SmallBoy is happy and exercised.

Whatnameforme Thu 10-Jan-13 22:28:23

Adora - ok, ok... I'll be good!
I did everything on my list except for healthy meal, I love nandos!
I didn't sink shine, but my lovely hubby did! wink

Tomorrow I will
Not burst in to tears while out with baby hmm (not my greatest moment)
Go to work for a couple of hours
Go to baby massage class
School run
Dress various family members
Breakfast
Sink shine
Be nicer to myself smile
Cook nice meal

I might
Do what I can and not sweat the rest!! grin

Whatnameforme Thu 10-Jan-13 22:31:57

Theone I think you did great! smile
Super, you truly are! smile
HB you are amazingly organised! smile

Whatnameforme Thu 10-Jan-13 22:34:35

Everyone is doing great!
I couldn't cope without my car! (Hangs head in shame, I'm a lazy arse) sorry for all the little posts. I forget everyone's names and have to keep going back and forwards. I also have the memory of a goldfish! I wasn't like this before the baby hmm

HellesBelles396 Thu 10-Jan-13 22:58:30

Not really WNFM I haven't done anything except pack for camp and I'm on MN way past my bedtime to avoid going to bed so that I can avoid getting up to a messy house tomorrow.

Your illusion is shattered blush

Whatnameforme Thu 10-Jan-13 23:43:05

Hhhuuumm a day off for HB, while the rest of us would stay on MN or just go to bed you will tidy and sink shine! grin

HellesBelles396 Fri 11-Jan-13 07:28:58

Sadly,no. Went to bed and got up to a messy house. But! With camping gear everywhere, the sink was the least of my worries.

I will try to keep my tent flylady shiny but suspect that's unreasonable so will make sure I have shiny teeth instead.

Catch you all Monday. Stay Shiny!

Have a good time HellesBelles. smile

TheOnlyPink Fri 11-Jan-13 11:42:07

helles Have a great weekend, the house will still be there when you get back! A few days wont make any difference!

whatname you poor pet crying with the baby. Its happened me a few times while out with ds2. He is 13 months now so we are much better, but at the start i found him really hard to manage. Hope you are feeling ok now brew

Its naptime here and i'm sitting in my tidy living room. Havent done much yet today, really have the friday feeling! but because i've stayed on top of things all week, it only took 15 mins to get the living room gleaming! theres alot to be said for this flylady!!! grin

BlackCatinChaos Fri 11-Jan-13 12:25:49

Hello all, I'm a bit late getting on here today blush.
Hope everyone is o.k.

I am fairly busy again so will probably pop in again near bedtime.

Must get some lunch!

BlackCatinChaos Fri 11-Jan-13 12:27:50

* babystep 11* **

Whatnameforme Fri 11-Jan-13 12:54:34

Bye HB speak to you on Monday, you never know the fairies could clean up while your gone!
Hi theonly, I've been much better today. I've been to work, am going to baby massage shortly and will tidy when I get back.
I'm looking forward to getting to the point like you when the flylady kicks in and 15 minutes fixes the lounge.
Well done all
Hi black welcome
I'll check in later

Scout19075 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:35:45

Hi everyone!

The last few days have not gone the way I had hoped. Today is the same but for a different reason. I thought we'd be out this morning at "gymnastics" then to Tesco then home, so home by about 1 p.m. SmallBoy was all excited about gymnastics until t was actually time to put on shoes and coat and decided he didn't want to go but wanted to stay home and play with trains. Given the busy, out most of the day every day, week I said "why not" and we've stayed in. I then thought "oh, I'll get some of my list done and tackle some flinging, etc. Nope, wrong. I have spent most of the day doing the train sticker book with SB (one of those DK ultimate sticker book books where you match the picture to the shadow), making homemade iced tea and clearing up dishes and pans that needed some elbow grease, making/eating/clearing up lunch (which I need to finish doing) and then lots of crafts with SB. We made a snowflake (popsicle sticks, glue and sparkles) and a rocket (SB got to practice his cutting -- we've only started with scissors at the new year -- then did gluing and sticking and marking).

I have decided that today is more about just being with SB rather than running us here/there/everywhere. I think we've both needed it. I'll put the television on in a little bit (as I tend to use it more in the late afternoon when we're both a bit flat and need a cuddle and quiet time) then sort out his dinner and prepare for SB's bedtime then do dinner for MrScout & I.

I'll post my list later, when I actually sit and look to see what did I accomplish today (I have done a bit, it just doesn't seem like much).

Scout19075 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:36:07

Just curious, since I've lost track, how many Guide and/or Scout leaders do we have in here?

bessie26 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:07:56

scout sounds like you've done loads - even if it wasn't on your list! Have you seen the Kumon Cutting book? It is fab - DD1 loves it.

Managed to get more more stuff (including all the 'out of rotation' books) out of DD2's room into the dining room this morning using my 15min timer - Some of it needs to go, some of it just needs to find another place to live in the house, but the priority at the moment is to get DD2's room as empty as possible before we move her from cot to toddler bed (probably next weekend)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now