New Year, New (well clean) House! First Stop - Kitchen

(30 Posts)
MrsChestysGlitteryBaubles Thu 27-Dec-12 09:32:33

So basically as it says, I'm going to give myself a new house. Living room was freshened up at start of December before the tree went up. There are no ornaments and pictures yet as I figured it always looks bare when the decs come down so do it then.

So until I go back to work I'm going to start in the kitchen. First stop, oven and washing machine.

So, where do I start? I ran the washing machine on an empty cycle with some bleach. Anything else? How do I clean out the tray, it doesn't come out.

Then the oven? I've sprayed it with mr muscle oven cleaner this morning but took the racks out, what's the best way to clean them? Anything else I should do with the oven?

I want to have a sparkling, tidy, clutter free house by March! smile

janek Sat 29-Dec-12 10:47:55

Yes, you are right, white wine vinegar is wrong! White vinegar comes in bottle like malt vinegar, only it's clear.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use malt vinegar though, unless anyone can correct me.

so-called white vinegar

Mum2Fergus Sat 29-Dec-12 11:08:50

Yes, just plain white vinegar...most shops I know keep it alongside the other condiments.

chocolatespiders Sat 29-Dec-12 21:38:34

Thanks will have to go back again and find another use for the white wine vinegar!!

I have read that malt vinegar smells to strong in the machine.

Nanny0gg Sat 29-Dec-12 22:35:02

Use white vinegar or washing soda.
You did remember to clean the filter as well?

janek Sun 30-Dec-12 17:06:39

Ah, that's interesting chocolate fingers, and explains why my washing smelt so strongly of vinegar when i used some with the nappies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now