What's the best toilet descaler?

(10 Posts)
BertieBotts Sun 02-Dec-12 16:00:52

I'm ready to throw anything at it. Coke, vinegar, power plus stuff is doing nothing sad

BertieBotts Sun 02-Dec-12 16:01:33

Sorry, not Power Plus. Domestos Grot Buster.

ClareMarriott Sun 02-Dec-12 17:27:13

Try viakal

FreshWest Sun 02-Dec-12 18:48:38

I bought Parazone limescale tablets for ours. I had tried the coke, the vinegar etc but nothing worked.
Saw these in home bargains and left overnight and they worked a treat. The effect seemed to last as well as I did it a while back and hasnt needed doing since smile

lucytails Mon 03-Dec-12 00:30:09

Lower the water line by pushing the water over the u-bend with the toilet brush. Then get harpic powerplus and squirt half a bottle load around the rim so the whole bowl is covered. Leave overnight if possible. Then scrub with toilet brush and it should loosen.

AmberLeaf Mon 03-Dec-12 00:52:02

Harpic 100% limescale remover.

crunchingautumnleaves Mon 03-Dec-12 08:32:04

Always had great results from Tesco limescale remover. When you've tackled the limescale, I find magnoloo great! Only using 1, in a hard water area, and was suprised at just how effective it is. It's supposed to last something like 10years too if I remember correctly.

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Mon 03-Dec-12 08:35:15

Sainsburys Toilet Limescale remover (the cheap one in a blue bottle) worked wonders on DH's bachelor pad loos when I moved in. I left it on overnight, with no bailing or scrubbing, and when I flushed in the morning the thick, mingling, crust of Limescale below the waterline was gone. It's a miracle product, though it smells awful - really chemically.

PPT Mon 03-Dec-12 17:45:16

I second Parazone tablets- really really good. Recommended them to a friend recently who had loads of 'build up' (*snorts at technical terms!*) and it cleared the lot overnight.

We live in a hard water area,and I give the loos a parazone treatment yearly.

yorkshirebeautyspa Tue 04-Dec-12 19:20:07

Citric acid, bucket loads works every time! Think im seeing a loo pattern to my replies tonight haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now