Awful condensation!!

(29 Posts)
Coconutter Sun 02-Dec-12 12:00:27

I am at my wits end with condensation on the windows. It happens a little bit in all the rooms, but nothing major and wipes off easily. However, our bedroom and the living room (directly beneath it) are awful - regularly can't see out of the windows all day, and the mould has now spread to the bedroom curtains. I can't have the nets up in our room as the wall went spongy so the hook won't stay in. I have tried keeping the windows shut all day and night, keeping them slightly open all day, had a dehumidifier on all day... Nothing is working! It can't be healthy and I don't know what else to do hmm

PigletJohn Mon 03-Dec-12 18:54:53

have a look at the water meter with a torch when you think all the taps are off. Is the bubble moving?

An old house will not have been built with concrete floors, they will have been added later. They may not have DPM. Is the floor damp under the kitchen vinyl?

Coconutter Mon 03-Dec-12 19:06:30

Kitchen not damp at all - we have laminate so can't check underneath. Don't know where meter is blush so will have to ask when DH gets home! Pretty sure the concrete floors are original (1970s).

PigletJohn Mon 03-Dec-12 19:20:01

sorry, I thought yours was the 1890s house.

1970's. So I expect the incoming water main will be black plastic where it comes to the internal stopcock.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Mon 03-Dec-12 23:52:45

It's a Karcher window vac, currys, amazon etc sell them.
They are fab for condensation, it's got to be better poured away then wiped away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now