Vacuum cleaners - again!

(8 Posts)
sparkle9 Sun 02-Dec-12 11:21:58

I have posted before asking for recommendations for a new vacuum. Posters replied saying Henry or Miele. Henry is too bulky but the Miele seems about right. However I have come across the Sebo vacuums now and have heard some great things about them. Knowledgeable Mumsnetters, what do you think? Does anyone have a Sebo? How does it compare to other makes? They are a little pricier than than the Mieles.

The vacuum needs to be light enough to use around a town house with lots of stairs; needs to be able to cope with my long hair that gets everywhere; we have no pets; we have Karndean and carpets on the floors.

Thanks in advance.

NanTheWiser Sun 02-Dec-12 13:17:24

Hi sparkle, I bought this nearly a year ago, and I'm very pleased with it.It's not a lightweight, but it seems almost powerdriven - just glides over the floor with little effort! It comes with an extension hose to allow for stair cleaning, and this works very well, but you need to lay the cleaner flat when you do this, as it can topple over otherwise. Also, the low profile head goes under furniture more easily. It automatically adjusts for carpets and hard floors too.
I have found it very efficient, the bags take 5 litres of dust so don't need emptying very often (I'm still using the first one, but I'm only using the cleaner downstairs, have the old Dyson upstairs).
I should say that I live alone, no pets or children, so my house doesn't get very dirty, and I only vacuum once a week - but I think it is a great cleaner! I think it's also recommended by the British Allergy Foundation, due to its triple filter bags.
If you have a John Lewis near to you, they stock them, and you could have a look at them there.

Jins Sun 02-Dec-12 13:23:12

I've got a sebo felix and its the best vacuum cleaner I've ever had. It's very easy to manoeuvre and doesn't take up a lot of storage space although it is an upright. The hose is easy to disengage for upholstery and stairs and in theory you can take the footplate and handle off to make it easier to vacuum curtains.

We have carpets, tiles and laminate surfaces. It copes with the dirt and detritus left by two teenage lads, two dogs, two cats and my long hair. I don't often rave about things but the felix is absolutely the best thing I've used

Don't get a Henry. I've binned mine

sparkle9 Sun 02-Dec-12 19:52:12

I bought a Sebo today. Pleased with my decision. I just hope it's brilliant when it arrives.

Jins Mon 03-Dec-12 09:00:25

I don't think you'll be disappointed. smile

Let us know which one you went for and how you get on

sparkle9 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:11:24

K1 Komfort. It was £170 on the House of Fraser website. Seemed a good deal seeing as it was £220 in Currys. Fingers crossed that I love it.

ours was from argos and we got it for £30 (i think). cheapest one we have ever got and it has lasted longer than any other we have had. its an electrolux powerplus 1800w. ive never heard of the make but its fab

sparkle9 Sun 30-Dec-12 23:52:19

Update - the sebo is great! A good choice for me. The vacuum works really well; it's light enough for me to carry up and down all the stairs; the bumper thing is great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now