ARRRGGHHH! Oven has just died an untimely death! Recommendations needed pls.

(9 Posts)
Crapricorn Sun 18-Nov-12 14:37:28

I sadly need to buy a new electric oven pronto!

It needs to be a built under the worktop. My old model was a double oven with a fan oven below and a grill/conventional small oven above. This was ok and will probably be the compromise that I have to accept. However the main oven always felt too small and a big single oven would be temting if such a thing exists in a built under model.

I can't afford this before Christmas - but equally I use my oven all the time so needs must. I need good value for money please!

Please help quickly!!!!!
TIA

JackThePumpkinKing Sun 18-Nov-12 14:40:34

Do you have any Tesco vouchers? The clubcard exchange is still on, so that might be worth a look.

Otherwise I would recommend Neff, ours is brilliant. Either than or the John Lewis own brand.

Crapricorn Sun 18-Nov-12 14:45:20

Thanks Jack.
Unfortunately I have just cleaned out my Clubcard points on Xmas presents. I will have a look at Neff and John Lewis now.

Horsemad Sun 18-Nov-12 14:53:35

I'm currently looking and have noticed Beko getting some good reviews and not too costly either.

IndigoCat Sun 18-Nov-12 17:49:56

Hi Capricorn,
Have you tried getting some one to look at it for repair or if you or DH are handy, you could try changing the element. Mine went a couple of months, I watched a video on YouTube and it was a 20 minute job, worth a try?

ChippyMinton Sun 18-Nov-12 17:53:59

I second what IndigoCat has said. Have a look on espares website and youtube. It's easy to change an element.

FermezLaBouche Sun 18-Nov-12 17:56:02

Hi,
For now, why not invest in a halogen cooker? They're really handy and just sit on to of the kitchen surface. They're really good for whole chickens in particular, I find. Not a long term solution obviously, but I've found I use my gas oven significantly less now I have my halogen.

Crapricorn Sun 18-Nov-12 18:49:55

Hi all,
Yes we have had a friendly electrician in. I am afraid that it has reached the point where several parts are giving up the ghost now and it could be a potential fire risk. Don't know the details but we do need to buy new.

I think that buying a halogen cooker would just be an additional expense as I will need a proper oven as I am hosting Xmas!

IndigoCat Sun 18-Nov-12 19:22:39

Good luck maybe try comet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now