We have the norovirus, hot washes?

(28 Posts)
BadPoet Sun 18-Nov-12 10:57:19

When I say we, I mean everyone but me.

Getting through it but I have a question about hot washes. Wee machine has been a star ploughing through load after load of towels, bedding, cloths etc - but the cycle is SO long, the standard 'cottons' which I assume is the hottest is 3 hours, you can shorten that to 2.

I have found a minimum iron cycle which can be bumped up to 60 temp (is that hot enough?) but it is still 1.5 hrs. Then I thought, I am washing my hands at nowhere near these temps and considering them clean, does it have to be hot as it can go? There are several shorter 40 washes but in my head that won't 'kill germs' am I right?

If anyone has a Miele and knows of a way to programme a shorter hot wash please tell me! Thanks smile

BadPoet Thu 22-Nov-12 20:55:54

Sorry, hadn't seen these replies - mummy smells, I am sorry, that sounds tough! It is rife in our area anyway but I don't think we have passed it on. We are clear now, thanks for that doc dikkerkjedap, v thorough!

BadPoet Thu 22-Nov-12 20:56:20

Sorry, hadn't seen these replies - mummy smells, I am sorry, that sounds tough! It is rife in our area anyway but I don't think we have passed it on. We are clear now, thanks for that doc dikkertjedap, v thorough!

bossboggle Sat 24-Nov-12 09:41:54

Yep 60 degree wash or above!! 30 degrees does not kill anything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now