Cleaning walls with Stardrops = fail

(9 Posts)
NoSoggyBottoms Mon 19-Nov-12 09:06:46

Very true! Will debate the options with DP grin

Thanks!

crunchernumber Mon 19-Nov-12 08:54:24

Not much.

I also really like the Matt look but has to accept that I have grubby children & soft sheen looks a lot better than dirty Matt!

NoSoggyBottoms Sun 18-Nov-12 23:23:02

crunchernumber was talking about that with DP last night...but how much of a sheen does vinyl or soft sheen give? I like the matt look. (Hope I'm not asking a silly/obvious question!)

crunchernumber Sun 18-Nov-12 16:04:36

If you are going to repaint, use something with vinyl or soft sheen. Much easier to clean than Matt.

NoSoggyBottoms Sun 18-Nov-12 16:01:18

BertieBotts Yes that makes sense and is what I was thinking also. Ah well

BertieBotts Sun 18-Nov-12 00:52:32

Painting probably! I expect it's because your wall surfaces are porous. If I have grubby marks on doors (gloss painted) or radiators or lightswitches, they come straight off with very little effort no matter how long they've been there, but walls it's actually gone through and stained the wallpaper under the paint, because the paint is porous and so lets the dirt through, if that makes sense.

NoSoggyBottoms Sun 18-Nov-12 00:48:17

Stardrops is an inexpensive multi purpose cleaner. I've heard so many people rave about it, I finally bought some! It says on the bottle that it cleans walls (as well as everything else under the sun) and I've read on other forums that others have had success with it too.

Yes, fingerprints and marks are to come off. They just look grubby, if you know what I mean. The stardrops brought off dirt....I could see it blush and shock! But the marks remained.

I have a magic eraser, but there's so much to do, I'm not sure its that practical.

So I'm guessing sugar soap or painting!?!

ClareMarriott Sat 17-Nov-12 20:22:11

Sorry, but what are Stardrops and is it just marks and fingerprints you want to get off the walls ?

NoSoggyBottoms Sat 17-Nov-12 16:50:35

Maybe my walls are beyond cleaning blush and just need to be re-painted! But I've cleaned a section of wall with hot water and Stardrops, and I can't see any difference. Still have marks and fingerprints on them. Maybe sugar soap would be better?

Stardrops seems to be a brilliant cleaner though....apart from walls and glass (finding that it's too smeary on glass/mirrors, will stickwith good ol' water and vinegar!)

How do you clean walls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now