What products do I need to keep my shiny new kitchen looking shiny & new?

(4 Posts)

Windolene is great for granite worktops! Also the method granite cleaner. Really the key is to dry your worktop after washing it down.

Take away menu and a phone

Seriously though just wipe as you go along, its when marks are left fir a while that they become difficult to clean. I like micro fibre cloths.

ilovemyoboe Fri 16-Nov-12 21:20:44

I love microfibre cloths, and the e-cloths def seem the best. You can get ones that will clean steel or chrome surfaces with just water and without leaving smears. Can also get general ones for surfaces. I've got the floor cleaning e-cloth mop thing too which is great - again, just squirt water! HAve a look at the range on the Lakeland webpage.

Murtette Fri 16-Nov-12 20:28:29

OK, the kitchen isn't actually fitted yet but it is ordered and will be installed in January. Black granite worktops (already having a minor panic about those!), oak units, brushed steel finished appliances & tiled floor.
Existing kitchen is laminate everything and the tried & tested route of a spray of Dettol & wipe on the work surfaces and a mop seems to have kept the worse of the grime at bay but I feel as though I should be being a bit more 21st century in my cleaning... e-cloths, steam mops etc. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now