Nice smelling house

(9 Posts)
mumblechum1 Sun 18-Nov-12 03:57:29

I love the White Company's Winter as well, but have only used the candles. Will nick LifeIsBetter's fir cones plus Winter oil idea.

Wingedharpy Sat 17-Nov-12 00:27:51

A few years ago, ceramic ring oil diffusers were all the rage.
They consisted of a ceramic ring with a shallow "trough" into which you put an amount of your chosen essential oil.
The ceramic ring then sat on top of a lightbulb in your table/standard lamp and as the bulb heated, the oil warmed and gave off a lovely aroma.
You can still get these on line but not sure how much use they would now be with energy saving lighbulbs.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 15-Nov-12 22:08:30

I love 'Winter' from The White Company; £6 for a bottle of oil. I use it on fir cones in the fireplace (when the fire isn't lit), I also have some in a bowl in another room, and I sprinkle some on a little gauze bag of dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks which I tuck behind radiator.

suburbophobe Thu 15-Nov-12 22:06:56

Also make sure they are 100% organic. Your local <woo> shop is your best bet.
That's why I love <woo>hoo!

Boots etc. are just part of big pharma companies, lots of petrol and parabens etc. in their stuff.

"That's why I,m worth it"! Organic of course!

MousyMouse Thu 15-Nov-12 22:03:23

- keep the place clean
- open the windows regularly
- don't fart indoors

oreocrumbs Thu 15-Nov-12 21:56:51

You can buy essential oils all over. Boots and Holland and barrett probably have the largest range on the high street. If your supermarket is a big one they will probably stock them too.

You can also buy online, amazon sell them and there are lots of health food type shops too.

As for which one - well that is totally personal preference.

They all have different properties, so you might like to check them out and use accordingly e.g lavender is relaxing so use in the bedroom.

But I would just go into a shop and have a sniff and see which ones I like!

FernandoIsFaster Thu 15-Nov-12 21:19:19

Bump for me and wentworth!

WentworthMillerMad Thu 15-Nov-12 20:10:08

Watching with interest - I have the same question OP!

FernandoIsFaster Thu 15-Nov-12 18:39:04

I have heard talk of putting essential oil on a cloth behind the radiator instead of air freshner. Does anyone have any tips for which ones are nice for this time of year and where I can get them from? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now