Making a bag

(6 Posts)
vamosbebe Sun 18-Nov-12 12:26:48

How about this one:

threadingmyway.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/drawstring-bag-tutorial.html

Have a read through, it's actually quite simple and you can always not make it lined if it seems too much work (although it'd strengthen your bag). Obviously re-size the pattern but always leave enough for the hem, 1cm or 2cm.

Hope that helps?

PolterGoose Sun 18-Nov-12 12:17:57

Tee - I'm still happy to make that bag, just saw you on another thread and it reminded me...

Tee2072 Tue 13-Nov-12 19:19:51

Oh Polter you are sweet! I have found a few online but they are so ugly!

I probably won't get a chance to measure until Thursday.

tribpot Tue 13-Nov-12 18:59:24

You can always post in Arts and Crafts, although Polter's offer sounds like a good one!

Personally I would probably knit one - from a good strong cotton yarn like Sugar 'n' Cream. I like this bag (cached page as Ravelry doesn't seem to be working right now).

PolterGoose Tue 13-Nov-12 18:49:46

If you PM me the measurements I can make you one...

Tee2072 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:14:08

I'm not sure I'm in the right topic, but thought I'd start here!

I can barely sew but I am looking to make and/or buy (but I can't find one) a draw string type bag that will fit my folding walking stick exactly without having to wrap a rubber band around the damn thing!

It folds up, but doesn't lock in anyway, so if I just throw it into a shoulder bag it bangs around and half unlocks and such. I don't always need it but I like to have it with me in case I do.

Anyone have any patterns or ideas of where I can get such a thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now