Making a bag

(6 Posts)
Tee2072 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:14:08

I'm not sure I'm in the right topic, but thought I'd start here!

I can barely sew but I am looking to make and/or buy (but I can't find one) a draw string type bag that will fit my folding walking stick exactly without having to wrap a rubber band around the damn thing!

It folds up, but doesn't lock in anyway, so if I just throw it into a shoulder bag it bangs around and half unlocks and such. I don't always need it but I like to have it with me in case I do.

Anyone have any patterns or ideas of where I can get such a thing?

PolterGoose Tue 13-Nov-12 18:49:46

If you PM me the measurements I can make you one...

tribpot Tue 13-Nov-12 18:59:24

You can always post in Arts and Crafts, although Polter's offer sounds like a good one!

Personally I would probably knit one - from a good strong cotton yarn like Sugar 'n' Cream. I like this bag (cached page as Ravelry doesn't seem to be working right now).

Tee2072 Tue 13-Nov-12 19:19:51

Oh Polter you are sweet! I have found a few online but they are so ugly!

I probably won't get a chance to measure until Thursday.

PolterGoose Sun 18-Nov-12 12:17:57

Tee - I'm still happy to make that bag, just saw you on another thread and it reminded me...

vamosbebe Sun 18-Nov-12 12:26:48

How about this one:

threadingmyway.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/drawstring-bag-tutorial.html

Have a read through, it's actually quite simple and you can always not make it lined if it seems too much work (although it'd strengthen your bag). Obviously re-size the pattern but always leave enough for the hem, 1cm or 2cm.

Hope that helps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now