Best way to store material - need to see what I have so I can use it!

(3 Posts)
ATourchOfInsanity Mon 12-Nov-12 22:34:25

My mum left me a LOT of material - from old antique lace to patchwork table cloths to rose bud bedding material. I literally have about 12 large boxes of material and an ottoman. Went through it all once already to chuck out bits I will never use, but it is all good quality stuff.

They have been sitting in my unusable dining room er, making it more unusable and now I have finally cleared the rest of the room out. Trouble is 12 large boxes need to go somewhere. I thought of hanging them somehow but all material is various sizes.

Should I just get 45ltr+ clear plastic boxes and stack them somewhere else?

Urbanvoltaire Mon 12-Nov-12 22:48:42

I've just spent this eve amalgamating my fabric stash. Unfortunately I don't have a spare room for it to live in so I've ordered the material into colour/pattern/fabric type and put into the blue ikea bags (quite shallow & wide so easy to rummage through). I'll now store the bags in a cupboard in bedroom which at least is easy to get at.

I'd say see through boxes are best, just store like with like & label along the way.

ATourchOfInsanity Tue 13-Nov-12 14:24:28

Yes, good plan - I like the idea of sorting by colours. I think I need some big clear boxes and some cupboard space. Not likely but will have to find somewhere else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now