Mice

(5 Posts)

Isn't it pretty normal to have mice in the garden? I would only worry if they're coming into the house. The garage isn't ideal, but we've never managed to mouse-proof our rickety wooden garage, so I just keep everything in plastic boxes and don't store feed in there.

Curtsey Tue 13-Nov-12 11:01:50

No advice but I'm going to watch this as we too keep getting mice invaders (live close to fields also) but they're getting into the loft somehow sad
Getting a pet cat isn't an option for us right now - would it be for you? TBH I've heard that's as effective as anything.

sheeplikessleep Tue 13-Nov-12 09:29:37

Bump

sheeplikessleep Mon 12-Nov-12 11:37:31

Do we even need to worry, if they're not actually getting in the house?

Part of me thinks to leave them, can't stop mice outside.

But then I think, they could end up finding a hole into the house and plus, we store quite a lot of toys etc in the garage.

sheeplikessleep Mon 12-Nov-12 11:36:16

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but wondering if anyone has any similar experiences.

We have mice in our garage / garden. We have killed (by traps / poison) about 6 of them in the last 3 - 4 months.

However, DH thinks we may actually have more than the odd one (we are a village in the middle of loads of fields, so we were thinking this could be the odd field mouse).

Firstly, he saw a cat in our garden the other night pouncing on what we can only assume to be a mouse (and FIL reckons if we are attracting cats, there will be quite a few mice).

Secondly, the mice are now taking the poison blocks away. Seriously DH has put about 4 down in the last week or two and we've not found any dead mice recently.

Thankfully, they aren't getting in the house. I think they're under the old decking in our garden and using our garage (which is adjoined, but garage door goes into garden rather than our house) for a bit of warmth.

Do we need to get Rentokil out? FIL reckons we need some sort of agricultural poison as they seem to be becoming immune to the poison we are using from B&Q!

Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now