How do you clean a push top kitchen bin? Recommended bin-cleaning products?

(6 Posts)
donburi Sun 11-Nov-12 19:08:51

Mine is a Wesco pushboy but I am sure there are other brands like it. The rounded full-height top part completely lifts off to reveal a metal bucket on wheels underneath which is where you put the bin bag - the prob I am having is cleaning inside the actual head which lifts out (or keeping it clean). Basically, the flappy thing is not really very big so inevitably, rubbish makes contact with the inner head on its way down despite ultimately falling into the bag at the bottom - it is easy to clean the bottom - its the top part of the top bit I am worried about (confusing, I apologise)

treesntrees Tue 13-Nov-12 22:30:40

will it fit in the dishwasher?

vintageviolets Sun 18-Nov-12 03:39:17

I put mine in an empty bath, spray with water & cleaner. Leave for an hour then rinse ( i use the shower head to blast it)

mumblechum1 Sun 18-Nov-12 03:40:33

I stick mine in the dishwasher, then run the machine through empty before putting any dishes in.

Furball Sun 18-Nov-12 06:12:59

I put mine in the dishwasher. i have to take the top shelf out though as it's quite tall.

Mum2Fergus Sun 18-Nov-12 09:58:19

Dishwasher here too, and I swish inner bin out with bleach every week. Outside of bin is usually fine just with a wipe down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now