Following on from the fantastic butter dish thread ...

(12 Posts)
Bluestocking Sat 10-Nov-12 18:36:44

... does anyone have any recommendations for a bread bin? I've never had one and have no idea what to get.

I have a Wesco Grandy bread boy. The choice of colours is immense, it can fit in a sliced loaf, fresh loaf and muffins. Very sturdy and has withstood 3 house moves and a lot of slamming by dh and ds...angry

Bluestocking Sat 10-Nov-12 18:45:14

OMG, Binfull, that is gorgeous and truly the Rolls Royce of breadbins! I now have major breadbin envy. Perhaps DP would buy me one for Christmas.

I actually got mine on eBay.

8 years and it still looks good as new.

The only downside is, that it's bright red, and now we've moved into a house with a lemon yellow kitchen! I really want a silver one, but as the red one is in such good nick, I can't quantify getting another!

Unless I eBay mine I suppose!

Bluestocking Sat 10-Nov-12 21:03:15

I was admiring the bright red - maybe we should do a deal?!

I'd be fine with that. I'm visiting the UK in a few weeks, and could bring it over. Not sure how much postage would be.

Don't suppose you are anywhere near Brighton?grin

Bluestocking Mon 12-Nov-12 12:06:22

Unfortunately not - I'm in Exeter. Do you want to PM me about your dates (we could maybe meet in London?) and suggest a price?

Yes I'll pm you this evening, perhaps take some pics of it and post them on here. I can also weigh it to find out the cost of postage. I am not going to be in London at all just Brighton.

Bluestocking Tue 13-Nov-12 13:58:41

Great, many thanks! I don't think I can make my way to Brighton, sadly (I love Brighton) so we will have to rely on post. Look forward to hearing from you!

fussychica Tue 13-Nov-12 15:16:38

OMG that's an expensive bread bin - lovely though. Did wonder why you are considering a deal - now I know!

fussy Because I can't quantify spending on a new breadbin, when I have a perfect one in the wrong colour. So if I get something towards the replacement.....a colour that fits the kitchen and a happy husband.

Then Bluestocking gets a nice breadbin that fits her kitchen for a smaller price, and a happy husband.

That could be the plan anyhoo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now