Posh hotel quality duvet?

(129 Posts)
msrisotto Mon 05-Nov-12 21:09:30

I recently stayed in a very posh London hotel (courtesy of someone else!). I can't look at my duvet the same way since. It feels lumpy and patchy and deeply wanting in comparison. I didn't have the nerve to ask about the make and didn't have to nous to look at the time so am now left obsessing thinking about it somewhat.

I think it was down. I don't know [listless], can anyone recommend a nice plump soft duvet? I would push the boat out with regards to price as bed is my favouritest place in the world.

shkwaqas Tue 18-Nov-14 05:51:25

I purchase Siberian goose down duvet from here www.raymat.co.uk/100-siberian-goose-down-duvets-sale simply the best one i ever had on my bed. Have a look if you want to buy the same. Their price and quality both are just awesome.

MTWTFSS Wed 15-Oct-14 07:39:10

We just bought this John Lewis Soft Touch Washable Duvet, 13.5 Tog which we adore grin so comfortable!!!

muhammadali Tue 14-Oct-14 20:05:15

I do not know about any of your experience as shared by the above user. But I recently had a chance to stay at the kensington hotel and had great experience especially i liked the quality of kingston products they were using. And after a lot or research I found that they got these from raymat.co.uk the manufacturer of this brand. So it was all around great experience.

dinasmot Mon 13-Oct-14 10:28:17

Do have a link to hotel quality bedlinen, with Hungarian Goose down duvet: https://www.duvetandpillowstore.co.uk/Hotel-Quality.htm

Corygal Mon 25-Nov-13 21:40:46

Fogarty All Seasons Down Duvet 13.5 tog. They never go on sale at about 400 quid, but I got one in TK Maxx for 29 quid in June.

Complete bed heaven.

clippityclop Mon 25-Nov-13 21:39:39

Duvet and Pillow Workshop do superb hotel style bedding, good prices, we think loads better quality than M&S and I think you can get Quidco too.

e1y1 Mon 25-Nov-13 00:01:56

I have had feather bedding for some years now. However, due to the cruelty issue I don't think I want it anymore. According to DM (probably the worst in reliability of info) say that M&S can completely guarantee cruelty free feather Here.

But, PETA say you cannot guarantee it from anywhere Here.

So confusing who to believe. I love feather bedding and always have, even being asthmatic all my life. But I wouldn't want any animal subjected to that just for a bed cover.

Note: The videos in the links a VERY graphic and upsetting, I only posted them for the main article, if you want to watch the videos, as said they are graphic.

ayaz Thu 31-Oct-13 11:50:25

I have Hungarian goose down duvet from www.raymat.co.uk/hungarian-siberian-goose-down-duvet which is really awesome for me.
Reasonable Price £ 190 with 50% Discount.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Tue 01-Oct-13 22:31:23

No Lizzie - not you smile If you post on an old thread it comes up with a Big Message saying it's a Zombie thread and are you SURE you want to revive it - which is what Callulu/Rayman had done before you posted, to get the thread 'live' again.

Callulu/Rayman - Rayman is only here to advertise, have a look at his profile.

You should Lynette - it was good smile

LynetteScavo Tue 01-Oct-13 22:12:57

Because it's a really good thread. It's just come up when I googled best duvet, as I'm thinking of buying one.

I may well take my own advice. grin

lizziedrips Tue 01-Oct-13 22:09:40

if you mean me - I have no idea how this works or what a zombie thread is. I googled reviews and it came up but not as a year old as the posts are this sept!

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Tue 01-Oct-13 20:13:48

Given the thread is a YEAR OLD I am sure the OP is well sorted by now!

Why would you post on a Zombie thread - which clearly tells you it's a Zombie thread - a year later? Odd. Unless you are advertising of course wink

lizziedrips Tue 01-Oct-13 19:43:32

thanks for the feedback - will save up!

spicynaknik Mon 30-Sep-13 09:14:29

My mistake, it's 9 tog. I did post earlier on thread about it but forgot that I had name changed since then.

spicynaknik Mon 30-Sep-13 09:12:54

I have the Die Zudecke canadian goose duvet and it is amazing. Much better quality than the John Lewis siberian duvets we have. We have the 10 tog Die Zudecke canadian goose 100% down and it is massively puffy and light and the cambric cover is light and crisp. It is very warm and we use it in winter and like to sleep with the window open smile

I heartily recommend it.

lizziedrips Sun 29-Sep-13 18:54:43

I have a silk filled duvet - have had it for 5 years - I am not that happy with it has the fill is very patchy and there are some bits that are just cotton covering. The fills moves around and I dont know where some of it has disappeared. It may be because there are no pockets in this particular one to keep the fill in place - It cost alot and I dont want to make the same mistatke again!!

lizziedrips Sun 29-Sep-13 18:50:48

has anyone tried the Die Zudecke Canadian goose duvet? it is cheaper than some of the hungarian duvets but I heard that canadian goose is suppose to be one of the best.

Any thoughts? - canadian or Hungarian? I also heard about the siberian Myth!

crazy8 Tue 24-Sep-13 13:20:03

Sorry cross post Iggymama

crazy8 Tue 24-Sep-13 13:19:36

Has anyone had a silk filled duvet? I know this is incredibly sad but I have always wanted the duvet from The Sound of Music scene when Julie Andrews sings "My Favourite Things"

iggymama Tue 24-Sep-13 11:39:42

I love my silk filled duvet. Feels like sleeping under the wings of a fairy, plus helps regulate body temperature.

raymat Tue 24-Sep-13 07:43:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Callulu Sun 08-Sep-13 13:13:20

I stayed at a guest house in Scotland (cosy rather than posh) that only provided natural wool duvets. I loved it so much I ended up buying one from M&S www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Natural-Duvet/dp/B004EHECQS. Then I followed it up with a pillow and mattress topper from www.woolduvetstore.co.uk But there are others selling them if you google.

samb1 Thu 30-May-13 12:36:00

I got one from www.bedlinendirect.co.uk made in the UK from Euroquilt

samb1 Mon 20-May-13 17:59:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jolsen Thu 25-Apr-13 14:49:28

Sorry, should probably post website where purchased www.myduvetandpillow.co.uk although I should be fair and mention there are others that sell these duvets i can vouch for this one, its wonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now