Stepping our way through Autumn old and new steppers welcome

(243 Posts)
BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 10:41:43

Hi all, I have been absent for a little while. Don't know about you but I could do with a new thread --for a kick up the bum--

All welcome. smile

Just jump in where you are, this thread is about doing a little at a time to step our way towards organisation and a clean tidy home.

Visit flylady for inspiration (will link in a mo)

No hard and fast rules here just a bit of motivation required!! grin

Anyone want to join?

AdoraJingleBells Mon 19-Nov-12 02:15:21

Cats

Yes, it is very much disbelief in the first few days, be patient with yourself and don't expect to feel normal in a matter of days. When my father died it was surreal, almost like it was someone else's parent who had passed away.

Bessie I hope DD2 gets better quickly

Not much flying here today.

Up too bleedin' early to take OH to the airport
Shopping
Back home
Fed dogs
Put shopping away
WM on
Drinks, then cooked lunch
Roped DDs in to help empty DW and put shopping away
Watered garden while DDs swam
Dinner
Dogs again
DDs are now in bed, almost everything is done. Need to empty DW and reload, we had fish for dinner and I don't want to wake up to those plates. Packed lunches are halfway done, just need to add tuna and chop some salad in the morning.

Puma is apparently still on the prowl and I still haven't seen it.

liveinazoo Mon 19-Nov-12 08:11:20

hi everyone

still not right heresad
zoolets have only just woken!!!!!<yes,the 5.30 crew.seems so long sgo they woke at that hour,but id rather that than this>

going to have the school on my case todaysad

bessie hope dd better soon-at leat shes livelyconfused

my eldest<17>is visiting after school oday ad dp cant stand see me when im distressedhmm and bringing me a pair of trousers as ive lost so much weight mine fall off

i WILL have to start fly again this week as we have returned to utter chaossadi will pop by in the meantime to chack on you lot<cracks whipgrin>

AdoraJingleBells Mon 19-Nov-12 11:45:45

Zoo that virus -if it's the norovirus- takes a while to shake off. My DDs where off school 2 weeks with it. Left them feeling very weak. I know that doesn't help you, but if you know it'll take time to recover you don't keep wondering how much longer iyswim.

Today I'm out running errands. 2 down, loads to go
Dogs have been fed, DDs deposited at school with packed lunch. WM is on and will be emptied when I get back. I'll pop back here later, TTFN

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Tue 20-Nov-12 06:59:34

Hi all, Think my head is still in a bit of a muddle. DD had a good birthday. smile
I can't sleep for long, think I'm getting around 5 hours a night lately.

I need to write out a list although I'm gonna do it with pen and paper.

Mums in a bit of a muddle too as we don't know what her rights are. I don't know how the law works if you are a partner to someone and then they die.
(They weren't married but had lived together for about 17 years)

I might see if I can find anything out for her. Not quite sure where to look but thought I would try the library or C A B.
I also know someone who works with familys so not sure if she could help.

Zoo sad you'r all still not better.

AdoraJingleBells Tue 20-Nov-12 17:58:05

Cats

Yes, ask the friend who works with families, she can probably point you in teh right direction. C A B should also be able to help too.

Zoo how are things today?

I've been running around again today, but I took some time out for lunch with a friend, she treated megrin

So, Ta Dah's

Up and dressed
Roused DDs
Made breakfast for them and coffee for me
WM on
Harassed DDs to get a move on
Chained dogs
Fed and watered dogs
Pestered DDs to get in the car
Set the alarm, triggered the alarm opening door again for DD2 to look for something vital. She couldn't find it.
Set alarm, again
Drove out and shut gate
Came back in to release dogs
School run
Refuelled car
Dashed back for gardener, he was late so decided to come back this arvo as I needed to leave for the dentist.
Emptied DW and cleared breakfast things
Hung clean washing
Dentist
Thought about coming back to sort washing machine, then out again to meet friend- had a mooch around the shops instead.
Lovely lunch with lovely friend
Back home
Hung more clean washing & did hand washing
WM on, 3rd wash
Made a coffee and collapsed on the sofa,

Still to do

School run
Time with DDs
Dinner
Prep for tomorrow
Feed dogs

liveinazoo Wed 21-Nov-12 08:42:11

catsi think its 10years together gives you entitlement--but dont quote me on it--
how long they were together im assuming she will be ok legally

sorry you are still in a tizzle,time will straighten you outsmile

little improvements daily,they still sleeping inshockin near 9years ive never had them wake after 8 before-they are w aking around 7.30 now although im still waking at 5 expecting them up t5.30hmmdamn body clock!

has scoutgone to the US for halloween/thanksgiving?i havent notised her around for ages?

bessie26 Thu 22-Nov-12 08:00:07

cats hope your mum gets things sorted ok. Have you all got wills? It really does make things easier.

DD2 is all better, so it's been work/nursery/pre-school as usual this week. I'm out tonight for a birthday meal with friends - it's just a shame I've been up since 5am with DD2!

Had better get ready for work now, hope your sinks were at least empty, if not shining this morning!

AdoraJingleBells Thu 22-Nov-12 18:10:18

My sink had lastnight's rice pan soaking this morningblush - sorry Miss. I won't do it again, honest.

I did clean my fridge shelvesgrin a pack of frozen raspberries had defrosted and had a teensy tiny hole. Just big enough for all the juice to seep out overnight and run over everything. Dogs were happy with the borderline chicken.

Other than that

WM on, emptied & towels hung out
DW emptied and reset
Loose meal plan done
Errands list for tomorrow organised

I'm need of the weekend, doing the school run while OH is away adds a lot to my morning routine, surprisingly.

Cats how are you doing, did you find any info regarding your mum's legal position?

Zoo any improvement over yesterday?

Bessei I hope you enjoy your evening out. I don't wish to make you jealous or anything, but I have a 12yr old's party to attend tomorrow afternoon, because my life is such social whirl you see.

liveinazoo Fri 23-Nov-12 09:49:10

grin at teh birthday party adora-i never get invited <billy no mates>

i am crawking through the dust/cobwebs/detritis back to the wagon and am attempting to haul my sorry bum back into flying!

i started with the sink<shudders at the memory>and teh worksurface nearest to it<dusty and cat hair coveredblush>

20minutes tidying filled 3 carrier bags-2 of recycling

i now need a rest!<out of practise>

aiming to do similar with front room later or tomorrow if gumption fails me

dcs are finally hungry!yay

still sleeping a lot though-ive never had them consistantly sleep past 6 let alone 7 or 8 since they were bornso its been odd not having to get up,although stupid body clock still wakes mehmm

i have a mountain washing ive been neglecting as i dont like to use the airers when there is sickness in the house<doesnt seem clean somehow to me>so i shall have to drag teh TD out from the back of cupboard under the stairs <try to avoid using due to cost>or i will still be playing catch up come xmas!

hope everyones ok

bessieive started a thread asking for ideas for veggie xmas<no quorn>
any suggestions most appreciatedsmile

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 23-Nov-12 10:02:45

Hi all, Seeing mum today. Funeral is next week.
Adora mum owns the house but as for any other issues (money, belongings) I'm still not quite sure where she stands. She might have found some things out as she has been fairly busy around town etc.

I'm still feeling mixed about "step dad" dying. it was such a shock (heart attack).
I know I didn't always get on with him but it's still a lot to get my head round. My Grandad only died in September so maybe having 2 deaths in such a small space of time is too much to get your head round! sad confused

I am also trying to be a support to mum and my DS as he is upset about it all. He saw him as a grandad you see. My DD is too young to understand whats going on.

Just trying my best to plod on with the "everyday must do" jobs.

AdoraJingleBells Fri 23-Nov-12 12:14:57

Cats I'm sure it is rough, two deaths so close together. Not sure what o suggest about DS, but try to encourage him to express what he's feeling, either through talking or writing stories, it will help him to process it.

Zoo, yep that virus leaves them exhausted, and us after looking after them. The worst point for me was when OH came into the room as I had just cleaned up, again, and asked me "what's for lunch" angry we now have an agreement he's probably forgotten it that if I am looking after a sick child he just get's on with making lunch and he doesn't ask me about it at all.

Good luck with your washing. I'm heading out to do errands again today so there won't be a whole lot of flying here either. Morning routine is done and dusted, I need brekkies now.

TTFN

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 23-Nov-12 19:24:53

I have come here to escape for a bit. DS is upset, DH and DS were getting into a disagreement about the xbox --bloody thing-- wish xboxes weren't invented!!!
I should really be going out to do some shopping but I think I will get DD to bed first and hope DH and DS calm down a bit. hmm At least their is no school run tomorrow! grin

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 23-Nov-12 19:32:06

Sod the shopping!!!! I'm gonna have a toy clearing session (back to upstairs!!)
Sick of it all laying around !!! (GRR!!!)

AdoraJingleBells Sat 24-Nov-12 02:33:42

Cats sorry you're having to listen to DS and DH disagreeing, hope they sort it out soon.

I've spent the day running hither and thither and didn't have time to get school socks, this time of year I can only get them in the uniform shop.

Cleared away breakfast things
Put DW on
Maintenance wash done
Headless chicken impersonation in town
School run
Took DDs and a classmate to the party. Party was great, there was a bouncy castle and footballgrin but the pool was out of boundssad, lovely cake though.

Returned home with exhausted and over exited DDs
Secured dogs
Sent DDs to bed
Fed dogs
Brought shopping in
Freed dogs
Cuddled DDs
Poured some vinogrin and flicked the TV on

BlackCatinChristmasChaos Sat 24-Nov-12 22:42:33

Things went a bit better today and I got the shopping done smile.
Not gonna be much housework done here over the next couple of days apart from a bit of washing and kitchen stuff. too much else going on.
Hoping we may start to get a bit of "normal" life return after Monday.

Hope everyone is o.k.

AdoraJingleBells Mon 26-Nov-12 02:40:31

Glad you got the shopping done Cats

I hope tomorrow goes as well as it can.

Yesterday I did all the laundry, DDs can't complain that their uniform isn't ready because I pointedly spent the whole day doing laundrywink DD1 told me on Friday, I think - you do nothing all day, so I'm nagging her incessantly to put it in the wardrobe. She's beginning to see what her mistake wasgrin

So today, DDs woke me up with breakfast in bed so that we could go out early enough for breakfast in DD1's fav coffees shop before Christmas shopping. They have now completed their shopping apart from my gift, they are going to drag OH out for that when he returns.

When we got back I put shopping away
Watered the garden
Made dinner
Cleared up
Banished DDs upstairs to bed as it's a school night
Emptied DW
Made sandwiches for tomorrow
Made tea and collapsed in from of TV
Sent a few e-mails

Just finishing my tea and then heading to bed.

Hope everyone is okay

<leaves fresh coffee and tea for brekkies, and banana loaf>

liveinazoo Mon 26-Nov-12 10:52:31

<snaffles a wedge banana loaf --and offers some to ds-->
he has peadatric appointment for 7th dec and,despite school not being impressed,he i sat home
i had to buy new trousers with drawstrings all his feel down-he has to go shopping in little zoos leggings!
he was exhausted walking round three shops and came home and lay downsad
he was tired after dropping the girls back at school today<we decided that meant it was chocolate oclock and stuck into some celebrations>grin
i have done breakfast and packed lunches for girls
quick clear up in front room
fed cats
i will be googling some things for him to do while school tries to sort some work from home stuff

scout is limping at the moment-i havent any money til tomorrow and its too farwithout transport to get him to a vet so having to keep an eye on him.he quiet and sleeping a lot but still eats when i put down some wet food<ignoring the kibble>

fingers crossed for him please!sad

AdoraJingleBells Mon 26-Nov-12 13:46:46

I'm tired today, have A Stinking Cold. It was masked by hay fever but there's no denying the sore throat and aching limbs. Can I have permission to crawl back to bed?, pleeeeeeease.

Morning routine done
Back home after school run
Zero energy so I still haven't cleared away the breakfast things
Had my breakfast
Trying to work out if I have the energy to shower, whilst sipping tea.

Zoo glad DS's appt. has come through, not too long to wait too.

bessie26 Wed 28-Nov-12 06:23:11

I have a horrible cold too adora. DD1 has an ear infection & DD2 must be coming down with something as she has been up every hour or two throughout the night <yawn>

Hope you are ok cats& glad DS hasn't got long to wait for his apt zoo

I finally got round to putting the double bed in DD2s room on the for-sale board at work yesterday, need to get more stuff on there soon. We finally made the ikea cupboard at the weekend & I have filled it with stuff! Just need to get rid of the old cupboard now & I can start trying to clear the room ready for Xmas!!

I left work 20min early yesterday because a carpenter was supposed to be coming round (I want some shelves put in my built in wardrobe), but he cancelled, so I cleaned the bathroom instead!

AdoraJingleBells Wed 28-Nov-12 13:45:28

Bessie I hope all of you feel better very soon. I haven't been sleeping much but can't blame it on DDs, they've been sleeping like babies envy, it's all down to this cold. I am on the mend at last I think I had a fever last time I posted.

Ta Dah's hardly worth mentioning

Morning routine
Back home
My breakfast
Fed dogs
Sorted laundry
DW on, 2 more loads waiting
Cleared away breakfast things and put DW on, wasn't enough last night to run it.
Made another coffee
Came to a grinding halt.

I really need to clean the sofa, white leather - not my idea- and DDs have had grubby feet on it. OH has fancy leather wipes for his baby the car, I'll use those.

Cats how are things going now, how is your mum?

Zoo any more progress with Zoolets?

BlackCatinadarkcloud Thu 29-Nov-12 06:20:21

I'm not great at the mo. sad seen HV and she phoned GP cause I was down etc, so I had to see him and he has referred me to counselling. I feel a bit lost for words really. I will try to lurk on and off on this thread just to keep up with what you all doing.

BlackCatinadarkcloud Thu 29-Nov-12 06:21:59

Gonna get a coffee and a shower in a bit to see if that will help. Had so much bad luck this year! sad

AdoraJingleBells Thu 29-Nov-12 15:34:55

Aw Cats I'm sorry you're feeling so low, but it's great that you are getting some help. Counselling doesn't mean you've done something wrong, don't be embarrassed about it, or worried. It really can help, good luck with it.

I'm still trying to shake off this cold, can't breath well even with euculiptus oil stuffed up me nose on a tissue. So, after returning from school run and feeding the dogs I've managed to have breakfast and spend far too long MNinggrin. I just folded clean towels but I'm not looking forward to walking up the stairs with them. It's pathetic really, now I'm sneezing, again. Recycling has built up, and up, through the week, must get rid of it. I need to go out later, buy yet another book for school.

Cats are you getting ready for Xmas, how's that going?

<leaves fresh choc chip cookies, just in case Zoo is lurking wink>

Scout19075 Fri 30-Nov-12 12:21:01

<<Peaks around the corner>>

Can I come back?

AdoraJingleBells Fri 30-Nov-12 12:34:51

Hi Scout how are you doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now