Stepping our way through Autumn old and new steppers welcome

(243 Posts)
BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 10:41:43

Hi all, I have been absent for a little while. Don't know about you but I could do with a new thread --for a kick up the bum--

All welcome. smile

Just jump in where you are, this thread is about doing a little at a time to step our way towards organisation and a clean tidy home.

Visit flylady for inspiration (will link in a mo)

No hard and fast rules here just a bit of motivation required!! grin

Anyone want to join?

AdoraBell Fri 19-Oct-12 15:13:27

Catching - up on the news

CamperWidow Fri 19-Oct-12 16:27:58

<eats 2 cookies and hope no-one notices>

bessie26 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:01:32

<leaves cheesy biscuits on the table>

mumbles through cookie crumbs and waves

AdoraBell Sat 20-Oct-12 00:14:52

Hello Carrots , <waves back> how're you doing?

CamperWidow Sat 20-Oct-12 08:23:33

Morning ladies!

I am currently being 'fed' some pancake with added dummy and some porridge with added dinosaur. Some-one please tell that at some point they stop climbing all over you???? grin When does a toddler ever shut up??????

I need to get everyone dressed and walk into town to try and do a weeks shop with only a tenner. Even more worrying is that I need at least a fiver for our activities during the week too! It's a catch 22. If we stay in we eat and use our electric. If we go out it costs money but it's someone elses food and energy!

bessie26 Sat 20-Oct-12 14:57:37

<waves at everyone>

camper activities are sooooo expensive - other than swimming, the only thing we do now is go to the local children's centre to do their free play sessions!

I took DD2 to get her shoes checked on the way back from swimming this morning.... new shoes & sleep suits for DD2 + pants for DD1 + new vests for both of them = a very expensive morning & I was home by 10:15!

Had better go prep some stuff for tea before DD2 wakes up.

<leaves the remains of DD2's birthday cake out to lure carrots back>

BlackCatinchaos Sat 20-Oct-12 21:22:27

<Pops in briefly before going off to watch telly>

Are you back Carrots? <hopeful>

I have been getting sidetracked by other internet sites.

AdoraBell Sun 21-Oct-12 17:58:43

No flying here today, I'd only crash and burn if I try. DDs had (5) friends over last and they were still giggling at six am. Then they had the sheer unadulterated audacity to wake up at 8.30. I'm only doing meals today. Shall report for duty mañana.

bessie26 Sun 21-Oct-12 18:51:59

<passes adora strong coffee & chocolate cake>

What sites are distracting you cats?

BlackCatinchaos Sun 21-Oct-12 21:51:20

Hi all, Today has been quite good. We went for an Autumn walk in the woods. When we got back though it was busy, busy for me. DH is on night shift this week so I am sorting bedtimes for both DC. DH usually likes to help out so I'm quite lucky I guess.
Things ran quite smoothly tonight so I am smile. Both DC now asleep so just having a bit of "me time" before bed.
bessie I like pinterest and also like facebook. Pinterest is great though cause you can find other websites through it also love the pictures on there wink.

bessie26 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:29:45

i love pinterest cats - don't get enough time to go on there atm, but I am spending more time on my blog, so can't complain!

DH just asked me what I want for my birthday - I am 40 in 2 weeks time - AIBU to think he would have thought about something by now? I know what I am getting for his 40th in Jan!

not much flying/cleaning went on here this weekend other than the basics - am going to try to get back into the Fly Lady Zones - am now following her on twitter, so am hoping I don't get bomabarded by crap get inspired

Scout19075 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:48:44

Ooooh, I love pinterest! And FB -- I spent too much time playing games with/against friends at home on FB. blush

BlackCatinchaos Mon 22-Oct-12 05:59:42

bessie How does that work then? Flylady on twitter ? confused --don't want to sound thick-- I just wonder what she tweets ?
Is she called Flylady on there?
--I think my best way to increase productivity is spend less time on the computer but I can't see that happening-- grin
I got quite a lot done yesterday though smile

bessie26 Mon 22-Oct-12 06:13:24

I was hoping she would tweet about zones & missions, but it seems to be more testim

bessie26 Mon 22-Oct-12 06:17:36

<ahem>
... It seems to be more testimonials <sigh>. She is on fb too!

Dd2 has been up since 5am again <yawn> She fell asleep on me about 15min ago, but it hardly seems worth the risk of trying to get her back into her cot now. <yawn>

BlackCatinchaos Mon 22-Oct-12 10:02:14

I feel like I could get things done today --if only I could stop snacking and turn the computer off-- --maybe later-- shock grin

I think I had best look for inspiration on the web somewhere!!!

BlackCatinchaos Mon 22-Oct-12 11:11:40

Just popping in! I've had Mum to stay for the weekend and it's been quite hard work. Currently finding it hard to get on with anything (work or home related!) I hope you are all OK.

Just off to make myself a cup of coffee and look at cats pinterest page for ages get on with some stuff

BlackCatinchaos Mon 22-Oct-12 12:57:29

Hi arti, I'll PM you wink smile

CamperWidow Mon 22-Oct-12 13:39:40

Afternoon all!

Had a crappy day yesterday. Morning was ok, but after her nap Muddles threw out a temp of 38.7 and strated showing spots so we went to A&E. Turns out she has a viral infection. sad. They just said calpol and nurofen to keep her temp down, no antibiotics, so I'm taking it as not being too bad.

Anyway,
ta da;
up and d ressed
wm on
clothes away
breakfasted
mother and toddler group
hoovered

to do;
find a pattern for my Woolly Hug square
washing up
wipe down in the kitchen
swish and swipe in bathroom
put tea on at 1pm
put paperplate pumpkins up somewhere

Well, lets face it, I'm gonna spend most of the day on here looking at knitting patterns!!!! grin

AdoraBell Mon 22-Oct-12 14:24:08

<finishes off bessies pot of coffee, oh, did anyone else want someblush>

DDs were in bed by 7 yesterday, asleep before then on the sofa. I had an early night after organising for the morning. I've done the school run, we had rain over night so I had trouble leaving the school car park, thick mud and the wheels were spinning, but I wasn't stuck grin. Had to rinse the mud off the wheel arches when I got home. I really should go shopping this morning, but I need a little more coffee first.

bessie26 Mon 22-Oct-12 15:35:36

Hope muddles is getting better now camper? Viral rashes can be v.worrying! My friend's boy had a rash that failed the glass test & spent hours at A&E while they tested him for everything, only to decide eventually it was a viral rash!

I have done most of my house blessing, but am now ODing on pretend cups of tea grin

BlackCatinchaos Mon 22-Oct-12 18:07:06

grin bessie DD's love pretend tea making, we had a phase of that. grin

I eventually got going on some housework, I think I am more of an afternoon/evening person as I often struggle with mornings!

I done some hoovering, cooked some dinner and done some washing up.
We are slowly moving in the right direction.grin --at last--

Next it will be bedtime routine: baths etc

Camper How is the potty training going with you?

We are having success in the daytime and last night she stayed dry (no wet sheets) YAY! I will have to see how the night training goes though as her eczema is playing up lately so we may need to go back to pyjama pants (nappies).

Not quite sure how to get her to move the next step though - from potty to toilet.

bessie did you say it was DD1 birthday the other day ? "happy birthday" smile

AdoraBell Tue 23-Oct-12 01:41:03

I got a few things done today, surprised myself actuallygrin

Washed towels, school uniforms were done on Saturday
Drove to town to get groceries, and found Xmas pressies for DDs on behalf of my sister
DW emptied, refilled with breakfast stuff
School run, dropped friend's DCs home
DDs showered
Supervised homework
Dinner
Cleared away
DW on
Dogs sorted, chained up to bring car in and they eat while I'm doing things
Dustbin put out for the morning
Put hosepipe away in the garage, that'll stop the puppies chewing it.
Made a cup of tea, currently sitting down before I assemble tomorrow's packed lunches.

Hope everyone is okay <leaves fresh coffee/tea and warm banana loaf for brekkies>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now