Stepping our way through Autumn old and new steppers welcome

(243 Posts)
BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 10:41:43

Hi all, I have been absent for a little while. Don't know about you but I could do with a new thread --for a kick up the bum--

All welcome. smile

Just jump in where you are, this thread is about doing a little at a time to step our way towards organisation and a clean tidy home.

Visit flylady for inspiration (will link in a mo)

No hard and fast rules here just a bit of motivation required!! grin

Anyone want to join?

AdoraBell Wed 17-Oct-12 13:48:05

Didn't get a chance to log back in last night, anyway, after school I did shopping, booked dentist for today, cooked dinner, collected DD1 from a friend's- joint studying- ate dinner & prepped today's packed lunch and snacks, emptied DW, fed dogs, prepped their food for this am, prepped table for brekkies and crawled into bed.

This morning,

Up and drinks made
Showered
Woke DDs
Dressed
Packed packed lunches
Chained dogs up to get car out of the gate, fed dogs
Breakfast, second coffee
Put car outside & released dogs
School run, not late today
Back home
Cleared up dog mess, one of them was sick (lovely job, not)
Put oven on to bake cookies a bit later
Checked status of OH's DHL package
Coffee
Currently sat in front of TV, trying to find something worth watching for 30 mins, after which I shall leap into action, natch.

CamperWidow Wed 17-Oct-12 15:26:36

Ta da;
up and dressed
shiny sink
wm on
hoovered Muddles mess/breakfast
made hedgehogs out of loo rolls for painting later
go to Wendy Club
what's for tea
rr living room before playdate
put clothes away
attempt my first blanket square!
book Drs for DH
book smear test (yay )
prep Beaver stuff for tomorrow
make sure Beaver/ballet/baby bags are ready for tomorrow

To Do;
try and get a decent kip!

Wow!!!! Didn't I do well?!!!

I've had a bit of an epiphany about this whole thing. Instead of writing huge long lists of things to do, I'm going to concentrate on doing just three things extra/over and above what I'd normally do and make sure I add in one thing for myself - today it was some knitting. So today I cleaned out the fridge, did all the downstairs windows and cleared my 'crap' corner. I'm sure Fly Lady would have proper names for it, but I think that's enough for me!

Chocchip88 Wed 17-Oct-12 15:48:54

Everyone seems to be doing well today.
My ta-dahs:
2 loads of washing done and hung out
Dishwasher loaded
Dining table cleared
Anniversary card and present wrapped
5 min room rescue
15 min in focus zone
Diary checked
Wrapping paper bought for DS2s birthday presents

To do:
Unpeel DS1 from my lap and place down gently so he doesn't wake
Prepare dinner
Vacuum downstairs
Pick up toys in playroom

Going to enjoy 5 more mins of cuddles first wink

AdoraBell Wed 17-Oct-12 17:30:24

I'm planning on doing cuddles later, mine are 11 but they still need cuddlesgrin

So, WM is on it's 3rd and final turn, wet stuff on the line. DW is finished and cookies are done (delish). I tried cleaning the mirror in the bathroom, looks like DDs have got Vaseline on itangry. I need to get some more glass cleaner after the dentist. I suppose I should do some lunch but I'm more tired than hungry.

BlackCatinchaos Wed 17-Oct-12 18:50:47

I've been struggling a bit due to lack of sleep and I can't see things improving anytime soon.

The potty training saga continues! DD is now starting to get the hang of daytime potty use but she still tends to hold it in most of the day till the evening. We are going to attempt no nappies AT ALL so I think I may be changing DD's sheets often! We have bought bed mats to help out with the night training.

I have also been getting sidetracked by Pinterest which is not a bad thing as I have found some good websites through it. Some to do with organisation at home. grin --just need to find the motivation to get started now--

AdoraBell Wed 17-Oct-12 20:57:24

I've just been to the Dentist. It's not good. Back in Jan she dealt with a huge cavity which involved root work too. She put a temporary cover on it and said come back next week. I didn't. So now she has To do it all over again. Not only am I dreading the Pain, but I hate going To the Dentist

Changing the subject completely, good luck with the potty training Cats

Chocchip88 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:14:26

Potty training and the dentist. One I have to do next week, the other I am happily ignoring for now. You both have my sympathy!
Didn't manage the vacuuming or clearing the playroom but did get all the scribbles off the wall. Most of this house has hideous 70s wallpaper, but rather than improve on that DS1 has to scribble on the walls we've painted! Gah!
Early night for me, yawn!

AdoraBell Thu 18-Oct-12 00:24:23

Well if he scribbled on the ghastly wallpaper he'd never find his scribble again, would he? Makes perfect sense to scribble on your freshly painted walls. Sorry, that's not very helpful, is it? I really must get back to dinner, pasta needs to go in. We've retrieved the dogs, puppies got the gate open. I know it was them because the Pirate has been here 4 years, Teddy Bear 3 and they've never thought of it. They were looking for rabbits but we had a handful of dried beef that stuff stinks to lure them withwink.

CamperWidow Thu 18-Oct-12 09:05:06

Morning all! It's super busy day today in the Camper household! We have playgroup, dance lessons and Beavers all in town today. They are reasonably spaced out but as we have no transport I will end up staying in town all day rather than walk an hour each way just to come home for a bit!

Ta da;
up and dressed
breakfast
wm done and drying - bed sheets - we too have gone no nappy!!!!
bags packed and ready to go

To do;
play group
ballet - on time!!!
Beavers
mooch in town inbetween!

Doesn't sound like much, does it?

Cat we got a matress protector from Ikea and then put a towel over that too. We've found that she is dry most of the night, but her bedroom is next to the bathroom so if she hears some-one go then she is likely to have an accident! Hubby is having to wait till he gets to work to pee!!! It's quite funny!!! grin

Ok, so my special 'me' thing is that I'm going to take my knitting with me and get it out at every oppourtunity! Yesterday I had a five minute face mask with cooling gel eye mask. It only took 5 minutes, but felt so good! Really, girls, we need to take care of ourselves!!!!!

ellargh Thu 18-Oct-12 09:19:44

I'm new to this. I'm fed up of my house looking like a tip and smelling a little off (not smelly but not fresh - no damp etc but do have a dog & smoke outside).

I've heard of FlyLady before but not really looked into it. For my lazy benefit can anyone break it down for me so I know what to expect going in to the website for a read?

BlackCatinchaos Thu 18-Oct-12 09:31:52

Morning all, smile

Not feeling too bad this morning. DD only wet the bed once so not bad for a start! So I only got woken up once too smile

To do today:
get washing machine on (I must do this)
shopping (trying to fit this in somewhere today)
check to see if we have any money in bank shock --ran out last weekend--
washing up/drying up
check Fly website
try to stay off pinterest etc this morning (get sidetracked too easily)
tidy house downstairs
put recycling stuff out of the house

best get to it!

Hi ellargh I will try to link something useful in a mo smile

BlackCatinchaos Thu 18-Oct-12 09:38:06

This might be a good place to start: babysteps

Or if you want to get stuck in straight away there is something called a crisis clean (will try and link in a mo)

The basis rules seem to be about breaking things down though.

BlackCatinchaos Thu 18-Oct-12 09:43:34

* Crisis cleaning *

This is Brill if you feel you can stay focused!! --and have the time to do it--

I could do with this today!

BlackCatinchaos Thu 18-Oct-12 10:40:10

Ta da's so far:

Made bed
got everyone dressed
breakfast for all done
school run done
1 x washing in machine
put some recycling stuff out
1 x washing up (15 mins)

Having a break now.

Hows everyone else getting on?

ellargh Thu 18-Oct-12 11:27:11

I've picked up some bits from the floor, tidied the play room, taken out the rubbish and sorted it into the recycling bins & settled the kids down with Coraline as they are so infatuated with the film and Halloween coming up. The heating is on too sad

I'm having a break with MN and a coffee before sweeping, dusting and sorting out the bathroom.

Tempted to just do fish fingers and beans for lunch. I can't be bothered to cook and then have them waste it all.

Scout19075 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:51:19

I am owner of a poorly toddler so today has been spent taking care of him. Lots of cuddles and head/cheek stroking required. We didn't even go swimming so that's four things off of my Thursday to do list (pack for swimming, pack lunch for swimming, swimming class, hang up wet clothes). We are, however, both still in our pjs my excuse is we're still on my bed reading, cuddling, watching DVDs and it's much more comfortable in pajamas.

AdoraBell Thu 18-Oct-12 14:02:10

Camper'shock at having to wait until getting to work, I'd never make itblush

Last night I worked out how to secure the gate to keep the dogs in, old metal lead attached through the bars so they can't nudge it open. DDs were marked late again, control freak on the door has decided all the kids who scrape through at 8.13 are late, because the cut ff is 8.15. Honestly, if it been any other member of staff I wouldn't be peed off, but I am.

Cats thanks for the link, I'll have a look at that when I've made yet another coffee.

Scout I hope Toddler feels better very soon.

Will report back when I've done more than my usual morning routine.

bessie26 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:31:35

hello! we've had a hectic week here - work, school visits, birthdays & sickness!

I did manage to give the sink a really good scrub/descale, weekly home blessing & clean the fronts of all the kitchen cupboards. DH is in a foul mood, so I haven't dared ask him how he's been getting on with cleaning the inside of the cupboards (he hasn't)

I need to move some money around & then buy some storage from ikea - fx this will mean I can sort out the chaos of the dining room!

AdoraBell Thu 18-Oct-12 22:15:03

Good luck with the dining room chaos bessie, hope everyone is okay now.

Well, having pushed myself to keep going despite last of sleep earlier this week all I've managed today, apart from my morning routine and school run, is a nap and second shower. Just got back from collecting DDs and buying dinner. Chicken nuggets (1st time I've bought them) and oven chips with frozen veg. Not my idea of dinner having burnt the candle at both ends there's nothing left.

I'll see what I can manage tomorrow, tonight I need to prep packed lunch for tomorrow and then prep for the morning.

Scout19075 Fri 19-Oct-12 10:09:35

Toddler is a lot perkier today. I think it was his molars (he's finally cut a second one the other week but still has two more to go) really bothering him and affecting his ear -- he kept saying "Make feel better, Mommy!" as he rubbed his face/neck/ear. His cheek was quite pink compared to the rest of him and he kept chewing on his sport cap drinks bottle. He just wanted to sit and cuddle until about 1 p.m. yesterday and if I dared to leave to get him more drink or go to the loo he'd whimper and cry "Mommy! Make feel better!"

Today I have attacked. The plumber is also due at some point to sort out the boiler. Those here last winter may remember my boiler/plumber issues. Well, the plumber never came back despite harassment almost weekly calls from MrScout so he finally got a new one. Shame he waited so long, though, as there is some damage now I'm sure. But the new plumber is going to fix the problems and service the boiler and hopefully we'll have decently temperatured water for showers and washing up and we'll be able to put the heating on (we haven't yet, holding out for the boiler to be serviced).

CamperWidow Fri 19-Oct-12 13:37:37

Yay Scout I'm glad TS is better. Also, yay to new plumber!

Busy day yesterday + busy morning = Muddles having a mega nap and leaving Mommy to clean and MN!

I have attacked the kitchen and it is looking all sparkly and clean. Just in time for DH to attack it over the w/end when it is his turn to cook.

I have made Drs and Dentist appointments, made bread, hoovered, cleaned, washed, wiped and polished. That's me done for the day apart from picking up after Muddles and doing tea which consists of beans on toast for the girls and soup and sarnies for the grown ups.

Now to sit and do some knitting before she wakes up!

<peeps round the door>

Scout19075 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:47:26

carrots HELLO!

Scout19075 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:48:25

I would like to thank the new plumber for being so kind to Toddler who talked his ear off and tried to climb into the boiler closet with him so he could see what he was doing. He also let Toddler close/clasp the toolbox so Toddler was in heaven.

AdoraBell Fri 19-Oct-12 15:05:55

Did you see Carrots, I'm sure that was her peeping round the door. It's been a while though, I may have forgotten what she looks likeshock.

Carrots, is that you?

Morning routine completed plus a little shopping after post school run coffee. I was waiting to hear back about the car serviced and didn't want o come back home just to go out again. They can't do this week after all. I'm currently catching before getting my head around the weekend.

Scout glad Toddler is feeling better, and also good to hear you've found a new plumber, who is good with toddlers too.

<leaves choc chip cookies to try and lure Carrots back>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now