Mattress protector for cot bed?

(8 Posts)

Carpe the hippychick protectors are fab - what I was coming on torecommend. They don't russle and feel just like a thick sheet.

CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 15:41:44

Thanks for the offer LittleHarrysMum but a friend has just offered me a Hippychick protector after I moaned on Facebook to try so will see how that goes.

I think I may have one. Would you want a second hand one? Completely understand if not. I will look when I get home am on school run at mo smile

homeaway Wed 10-Oct-12 15:27:54

You can buy them with fleece on the outside and a plastic membrane in the middle. I cant remember the brand name though... but this might be worth a look at http://www.johnlewis.com/230965267/Product.aspx. Another thing is that if you put the waterproof one on top of the mattress and then put a fleece blanket on top of that and then a sheet that would stop him from getting as hot ? I think that the fleece is waterproof as some people use them for nappies. Have you thought about one of those sleeping bags so that you dont have to put such a thick duvet on?

I made the mistake of accidentally washing one of the bedmats a while ago, it was a nightmare, imagine if you had put an entire box of tissues in the washing machine, never seen so much white fluff in my life.

CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 12:47:53

Yep. They're okay, but expensive. Ideally want a washable option so I can have a couple.

Have you tried the disposable bedmats from Pampers and Huggies? They're nice and soft. Could work out expensive depending on the frequency of accidents though.

CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 12:23:36

I'm looking for a cotbed mattress protector for DS as the bogstandard variety which are waterproof (definitely needed due to Houdini like nappy escaping) are nasty, crunchy, noisy and make him sweaty.

So - are there other options? Please? As it gets colder he's burrowing under the duvet more, so getting sweater and waking himself up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now