Blinds,curtains or nothing?

(6 Posts)
Rascal79 Tue 09-Oct-12 11:30:55

I'm after some advice for a new kitchen/living/dining room that we r having built. Across one wall will be 3m bi fold doors with about 1 1/2 m of large windows on each side with 40cm high sills. So... A large expanse of glass. What be your advice about whether to cover them. I don't want it to be too cold in the evenings if we don't have anything but I also don't want it to look stupid with big flouncy curtains that will be enormous, heavy and expensive!! Help!

Pascha Tue 09-Oct-12 11:40:03

You want something like Perfect fit blinds or easyfit blinds which fit to the frame at the top of the glass.

Rascal79 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:58:58

Hi thanks for the reply, they look fab.

Any other ideas anyone???

Mum2Fergus Tue 09-Oct-12 19:03:41

I have the perfect fit blinds, look great on one big window but hate how they look on the windows that have a top and bottom pane, reminds me of bars, and not the liquid refreshment types lol how about some nice fitted Roman blinds?

fossil97 Tue 09-Oct-12 20:17:48

Could this be a use for the Ikea Kvartal panel curtains?

Either that or put lights in the garden so you don't have a black hole?

SeveredEdMcDunnough Tue 09-Oct-12 20:20:19

Curtains don't have to be flouncy. They can be quite plain. I'd definitely have something there though, just for privacy and a bit of heat conservation.

Shutters might work too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now