Autumn organisation for slatterns old and new with support/advice and mugs of tea

(991 Posts)
HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 01-Oct-12 09:38:02

I thought it was time for a new Autumnal thread for all slatterns.

This thread is welcome to all who like to write lists or have loads of jobs to get done or if you need a kick up the bum for motivation. Also good for support with relationships, random advice on moths and birthday cakes!

We welcome new slatterns, post your lists here.

Back in a sec with my list.

SlatternismyMiddlename Thu 17-Jan-13 18:02:15

Thank you Mini! The glass of wine I have just poured is helping with the breathing smile.

I'm home now so the world can bring it on!

I will list later.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 17-Jan-13 19:39:40

Spent most of the day at work dealing with poo, wee and sick. The joys of working with children!

Needless to say I now cba to do anything at home. Just drying a load of washing and am going to have a bath. And maybe wine. Anything else can wait til tomorrow!

Minimammoth Thu 17-Jan-13 19:41:58

wine all round I say. Cheers Freaki, Slattern. Is it snowing for you yet. Tis here.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 17-Jan-13 19:42:51

Oops just read back.
Sorry about your uncle cc sad

Hope things are on the up jks and slattern.

Mini i love that your office has been the focus of your lists since you started posting on here!! Much like me and my understairs cupboard smile

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 17-Jan-13 19:44:41

No snow here. We never get snow!

SlatternismyMiddlename Thu 17-Jan-13 19:45:58

Oh, oh, oh, oh! Our thread has just appeared on 'most active'. Is it wrong that I am this pleased? grin

SlatternismyMiddlename Thu 17-Jan-13 19:47:30

No snow with us. I live near the sea so we rarely get to enjoy snow (secretly hoping that I will wake up tomorrow to a lovely snow scene outside bedroom window).

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 17-Jan-13 20:49:41

Me too slattern. Which bit of sea do you live by??

Had the least relaxing bath ever. Ah well

Minimammoth Thu 17-Jan-13 20:59:39

I am not that far from you , if I remember rightly,Freaki, so it must be the sea effect. Yes office of doom, I should be ashamed. At least I have mastered he moths, sort of.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 17-Jan-13 21:08:36

Yep I think we are pretty close mini. I'm in w-s-mare.

One weather forecast is still showing snow, another has changed to rain!

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 18-Jan-13 09:25:07

No snow here still. I live in Northern Ireland so safe to say nowhere near w-s-mare. My DS was so disappointed this morning when there was nowt outside. Mind you it is evil out there, yuck.

Today I will (hopefully)

Dentist
Visit friend with DCs
Put away ironing
Put away clean washing
Put washing machine on
Last night's dishes blush
Counter tops
Clear kitchen table OF DOOOOOM
General tidy up

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 18-Jan-13 09:42:39

Certainly nowhere near then! We have snow!! It rained in the night so didn't think it would stick but it did and is still going. Dc school is open but mine is closed. Should be taking advantage and finishing my coursework but have answered one question so far and really cba blush

Minimammoth Fri 18-Jan-13 09:51:53

We have lots of snow, and its still coming, our main road is covered and traffic is virtually nil. Even my DH turned back as the hill was closed.
It might turn into a day to list.

cikecaka Fri 18-Jan-13 11:14:51

No snow here bit very heavy rain! Got absolutely soaked on way home from town. Considered wetting myself on way home as - was dying for loo and didn't think I would notice the difference blush just to add I didn't and made it home on time!

Unload Dishwasher/Load again
Washing
Prepare lunch
Clear counters
Sweep Floor
Tidy Hall
Downstairs loo

cikecaka Fri 18-Jan-13 12:33:38

Unload Dishwasher/Load again DONE
Washing 1st LOAD
Prepare lunch ON
Clear counters
Sweep Floor
Tidy Hall
Downstairs loo

Minimammoth Fri 18-Jan-13 13:46:37

Snow still falling, about 10cm underfoot now,
Catch up on washing. Where to dry though.
Tidy bedrooms
Printer playing up grr
Print stuff
Update paperwork.
Clear snow
Feed birds

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 18-Jan-13 13:57:07

Haha!! At least wee would have been warm cc!

Snow falling off roof here, but no longer actually snowing. I suspect we'll be left with a pile of slush tomorrow.

cikecaka Fri 18-Jan-13 14:55:49

We have some snow showers but its not sticking as it was so wet earlier, for some unknown reason I have started to declutter the utility room! Had no plans to, just started as I have having trouble getting to the drier

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 18-Jan-13 18:03:39

grin at cc even contemplating wetting herself.

No snow here, plenty of flurries but its not lying. DCs very disappointed.

Dentist - done
Visit friend with DCs - done
Put away ironing - mostly done
Put away clean washing - mostly done
Put washing machine on - not yet
Last night's dishes - done
Counter tops - done
Clear kitchen table OF DOOOOOM - easy bits done
General tidy up - easy bits done

JKSLtd Fri 18-Jan-13 18:25:45

Still not a flake in sight - making me want a Flake though grin

Met office still saying we shd have had snow from 3pm.

cikecaka Sat 19-Jan-13 10:03:38

So need motivation and energy this morning! Was hoping for a lie on this morning but DD3 wasn't letting that happen

Washing 1st load in
Tumble drier load on
Prepare lunch
Clear counters
Sweep Floor
Tidy Hall
Downstairs loo

cikecaka Sat 19-Jan-13 14:15:35

Had a snooze on the couch for 2 hrs blush. Have my sister staying with me as she was in hosp yest, so need to do her washing and drying as she was ill all week

Washing Dsis load in
Tumble drier Dsis load on
Prepare lunch DONE
Clear counters
Sweep Floor
Tidy Hall
Downstairs loo
Clear Table

JKSLtd Sat 19-Jan-13 16:02:24

Just got in from a kids party for DS2's school friends. Now it can finally snow smile

Not really listing/achieving much this weekend, tomorrow we're hoping for a proper dumping of snow so it's all about playing in that <hopeful>

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 20-Jan-13 10:31:30

Shout at me please!
Horrid head cold but need to finish my coursework today. If I just get on and do it I can prob be done in 2 hours.
Stop me procrastinating!

Do you think an antihistamine would help with the burny eyes and blocked up nose?

SlatternismyMiddlename Sun 20-Jan-13 11:27:00

Freakoid - get off mumsnet and get to it!!! 2 hours and you will be done and free to mumsnet for the rest of the day. (How was that?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now