Ikea pax wardrobe system- any good?

(57 Posts)
shelley72 Wed 26-Sep-12 15:39:52

We are drowning under stuff. Especially in our room. We just dont have enough space. It isnt helped by having no useable airing cupboard space so nowhere to store towels, bedding etc. And partly me keeping things just in case - though I am getting a lot better and ebaying surplus things.

Does anyone have the ikea Pax wardrobes? We looked at them a while ago but had (and still do i suppose) other prorities money-wise. However the clutter is getting me down now and I need to organise towels, clothes, shoes, boots etc. I would also like a nice peaceful room

Would anyone recommend them? Do they work out expensive by the time you add all of the little bits like shoe racks hangars etc inside? Do you just have the wardrobes in the room or do you also have furniture / chests of drawers too? And if so, can you get them in the same design?

I am feeling a weekend trip to ikea coming on... smile

Pannacotta Tue 02-Oct-12 10:40:08

civil sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but did you use IKEA hinges with the mdf doors?
The blackboard paint sounds great, lucky dd!

civilfawlty Tue 02-Oct-12 11:05:58

Yes, use the ikea hinges. They are easy to install. You need a drill bit the right size to drill the holes in the MDF. They say three hinges per door, but I use four.

18mm MDF is sufficient.

shelley72 Tue 02-Oct-12 16:24:08

Thank you, that paint colour looks perfect. Well spent hours in ikea, think we have chosen our wardrobe (as big as we can fit, 2m by 2m) and also chest of drawers. Did get a bit carried away with the pax planner and have loads of drawers etc on the list. Deciding on which clothes rail to get now - I need a long hanging space for dresses but the adjustable one looks like it may be useful. Long task of de cluttering now - ebay here I come!

GooseyLoosey Tue 02-Oct-12 16:27:15

I've had a 2m run of them in our bedroom for the last 10 years. They have survived 3 house moves and being reassembled several times and people still say they look good.

Love 'em.

lillyputt Sun 16-Dec-12 21:03:15

Hi SILVERSIXPENCE! I have just had the same problem with my sliding glass doors. How did u resolve it? Does it require new/ replacement parts if so do IkeA replace them under warranty?

Thanks

Leanne

lillyputt Sun 16-Dec-12 21:03:40

Hi SILVERSIXPENCE! I have just had the same problem with my sliding glass doors. How did u resolve it? Does it require new/ replacement parts if so do IkeA replace them under warranty?

Thanks

Leanne

Teddie2000 Fri 06-Sep-13 16:34:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now