Calling all steppers old and new, fancy joining me ready for the September thread

(456 Posts)
CatsInChaos Sat 25-Aug-12 23:18:43

Come and sign in here ready for September and the return to school.

Where we attempt Flylady babysteps or whatever we can get done! wink

Where are you all? Zoo, Carrots, bessie, Adora, Scout, Camper and any newcomers who would like to join. smile

BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 10:44:34
BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 10:25:31

<Creeps back into thread>
I have been AWOL for a while!

shall we start a new thread?

We could go for a seasonal title instead of each month.

"babystepping through Autumn"

Anyone fancy it?

Some of you may remember me. hmm

CamperWidow Mon 15-Oct-12 08:41:38

Ta da;
up and dressed
fed
wiped kitchen down
read e-mails and caught up with an old friend
wm on
breadmaker on

To do;
playgroup
put slow cooker on for tea
update Beaver records
find camera charger
sort washing
3 hot spots
bathroom mission
de-clutter some paperwork
try a pizza dough

Good luck with the declutter Adora, it's hard isn't it? I sometimes wish I could drive just so I could get rid of stuff! DH is great at sorting things out, but then they just get left somewhere till he finds time to take them to the skip.

CamperWidow Mon 15-Oct-12 08:34:19

^Beginner BabySteps: Day 15

Morning Routine
•Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
•Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
•Go to the FlyLady BigTent group and read messages
•Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
•Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
•Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
•Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

Before-Bed Routine
•Keep your sink shining
•Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
•Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!

On our new week of FLYing, you are going to add making your bed to your morning routine. If you will do this as soon as your feet hit the floor, you are less likely to forget it!^

Ok, so that's where we should be at. I can honestly say I don't read the e-mails even though I have them sent to me. I started to and just got fed up of the mush and overt sentiment. Other than that I am doing over and above, so big pat on the back! And to anyone else who is doing this and more, take a step back and applaud yourself!

AdoraBell Sun 14-Oct-12 16:15:58

DDs had friends over to play all night long sleep last night and I was awoken by the sound of breaking glass. Apple juice and glass all over the kitchen floorangry.

Not too much on today, cleaning wise, tomorrow is a holiday so I don't need to rush getting things ready. Laundry is almost finished, packed lunches are planned. I'm going to relax.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

AdoraBell Fri 12-Oct-12 16:12:04

My word, that schedule is ramped up, isn't it? Congrats on all the birthdays.

I spent yesterday de-moulding the washing machine. I've been forgetting to remove the draw after each use, doh! And the service washes have been too few and far between. OH is away next week so I plan to take advantage of free evenings and organise a few more things. Kitchen cupboards are done, I need to tidy my wardrobe. It's all open shelves so too easy to look cluttered even though it's not over full. Then I'll tackle to crates that I removed to the garage, I can get rid of stuff without being watchedwink. It's difficult because he's a bit of a hoarder, DDs are copying him and I'm a reformed hoarder, kinda like a born again minimalist.grin

bessie26 Fri 12-Oct-12 13:42:14

<waves at camper> I am exhausted just reading your list! Happy Birthday to the littlies - DD1 is 4 next week <shakes head in disbelief> so we have the GP coming round for birthday cake - must sort out the dining room <eeek!>

CamperWidow Fri 12-Oct-12 13:05:47

Hey all!

I know, a blast from the past, right?

Well, we've a busy couple of months here with Lol turning 3, Muddles turning 1 and me turning.....a year older!!! grin

But I'm back! We have ramped up our schedule abit so I need to be even more organised with different bags for things and different events going on. Lol has started ballet dance lessons on a Thursday and I have just started up a Beaver Colony, so that has wiped out our Thursdays as we already do a group in the morning! And we've started going to a pre- pre-school toddler group at what will be her school on a Wednesday so there's that added. And I've found a group that runs on a Friday that me and Muddles can go to on our own as Lol is in Nursery/pre-school!!! Add this to Tots on a Monday and a standing playdate on a Tuesday and we have a busy old week!!!! shock

So, I need to get organised and Flying again ASAP!

Ta da;
up and dressed
breakfast
Lol to Pre-school
Drs app for me
Mums and Tots - me and Muddles
Orange rang
HSBC rang
Muddles for nap
Tea for me and MrCamper sorted - slow cooker pork sweet and sour

To Do;
Bathroom RR
Kitchen RR
Find the black cable MrCamper has lost hmm
Living room RR
Clean fridge
Hoover
Wash up
Lunch for me and Muddles
2 pattern sets on friends scarf for b'day

Right, off to do!!!!

AdoraBell Tue 09-Oct-12 12:21:04

My sympthasise Scout

Scout19075 Tue 09-Oct-12 10:52:33

Toddler's going through a phase of not allowing me on the computer much without him interfering helping. I really miss the pep talks and posting lists and support.

AdoraBell Tue 09-Oct-12 00:16:54

She started off fine bessie, then went kinda Pyscho when she wanted to work closer to home, instead of just saying "I'm resigning" we had a week of her screaming, literally, about the devil and his fornications and she finally decided she couldn't work for me any longer because I wasn't embracing her newly rediscovered belief in God and so she couldn't save my soul. Can you see why I've been putting off delving into the cupboards? I can laugh about it now but at the time I was shock what is she screeching? She was quite lucid the following week when I met her to do the official paperwork for resigning. She'd started another job with less travelling too.

I'll catch up tomorrow, need to get back to dinner now, roast sausages 'n' taters with salad. Nearly cooked but I need to prep the salad.

bessie26 Mon 08-Oct-12 22:50:37

Your old cleaner sounds mental adora

I decided to ask DH to wipe out the kitchen cupboards this week (I thought I would ease him in gently before getting him to scrub the loos) - I wonder how many he'll manage?

Work tomorrow. I'd better go to bed.

AdoraBell Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:20

I'm with you there Scout.

DDs are in school, OH has just left for work and the dogs and housework can wait until I've had a bubble bath.

What's up at Chez Scout?

Scout19075 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:42:43

AAAhhhh, Mondays, how I love and loathe thee.

AdoraBell Fri 05-Oct-12 16:37:49

Ah, I forgot she was so young, glad it went well.

I've done 1cupboard, breakfast cereals and snacks etc. I've put it off partly because of avoiding the being reminded of the last woman I had helping here. She turned very aggressive and quite nasty, but she's not here nowgrin. Anyway, I found numerous pots and jars where she'd put things like 3 raisins in a pot, 5 peanuts in another etc. the cupboard is half empty now. I'll start on the next one in a minute.

bessie26 Fri 05-Oct-12 15:41:09

She's only 17m, would bribery work yet? "Later" seems to still be an alien concept to her, everything is NOW! grin She was quite good, a bit wriggly, but no tears & seemed to enjoy it (especially the lollipop afterwards!) DD1 was very well behaved & helpful too, so I have no complaints!

I must clear out my kitchen cupboards, I'm not sure I've done them since the kitchen was fitted! (nearly 5 years ago) blush

AdoraBell Fri 05-Oct-12 15:10:13

Bribe her, if she's a big girl and sits still she gets a treat.

I'm about to get cracking on the contents of kitchen cupboards, I may be some timegrin

bessie26 Fri 05-Oct-12 07:39:11

<scoffs cake>
No work for me today, but am taking both girls to the hairdressers this morning - it will be DD2s first trip & am a bit worried she won't sit still!

AdoraBell Fri 05-Oct-12 01:55:28

Scout I hope you feel better soon.

I've kinda had a day off, ha ha. Washing the dogs gave me a back ache so I had a nice hot bubble bath and other than a bit of laundry, bit of baking, and general tidying then dinner and DW, have taken it easy. Needed to get a few things and had to squeez in a rush trip into town before the school run.

The car has been smelly recently, clean and shiny but a bit musty. I've been looking for something the DDs may have left in there, you know the type of thing. Snack stuffed under the seat, discarded school sock in the door etc. Eventualy today I found the source of the pong. We had lunch out last Saturday and brought home a doggy bag with steak and fish. OH said he would give it to the dogs. I should know by now, my OH is a disgusting creature so I need to check that he's dealt with things. It was under the rug he keeps in the boot, to stop the boot getting dirtyangry poking with an extra pointy stick might help

DDs made a huge mess decorating shop bought cup cakes. They did a half decent job of tidying up after themselves so I don't mind. I've decided to buy a few things in to give myself breathing space in terms of school snacks. I need to sort through my cupboards and freezers to make sure I use stuff up and I keep getting waylaid by day to day things. Tomorrow I have to be home in the morning, handyman is collecting a piece of furniture, and so I plan to make a start then.

Other than that, where is everybody??

<leaves cookies and marble cake>

Scout19075 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:53:15

I am not right so not much done today. Stuff still accomplished but not the amount I hoped for.

bessie26 Thu 04-Oct-12 08:08:45

Well done adora! It will be so much easier to keep clean now there is less clutter. My living room is a breeze to clean atm, as there are hardly any toys in there. Unfortunately, they are all piled up in the dining room!

I did make a start on tidying it the other day, I filled a box with baby toys that neither of the girls play with anymore (unless they see them!)

The next problem is that I am still unable to part with any baby stuff "just in case" <sigh> I am almost 40 & we can't afford another DC, so I know it's not going to happen, but I'm not ready to part with anything yet - which is starting to drive DH potty! grin

AdoraBell Thu 04-Oct-12 02:40:08

Guess what? I've been congratulated on doing, I'm going to quote here,

A fantastic job

The estate agent who came back to re-do photos was talking about how much clutter I've banished <polishes halo> now I just have to keep the place clear and clean.

DDs have lost three very large plastic crates, they will go through and chuck out over the next couple of weeks. OH yesterday mentioned buying even more plastic crates to pack for moving, if we ever sell. He then said "we won't need to unpack them" so I'm thinking if we don't need to unpack it we don't need to take it with us!

Washed all four dogs this afternoon, Teddy Bear won - I was soakedgrin, luckily it was a warm afternoon. Only 24 degrees, but warm enough to use the hose pipe on them.

Scout19075 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:16:06

Well, being carless means more walking and suddenly Toddler's walking miles (instead of asking to be carried or for a ride/push). Today we went to Tesco just to go for a walk and had a drink, did a bit of shopping and walked back via the playground. Even though the swimming pool is closer than the grocery store I'll probably still take the stroller tomorrow -- swimming takes it out of the poor boy and he usually just wants to sit and be quiet and eat on the way home.

AdoraBell Wed 03-Oct-12 01:32:29

I know what you mean Scout , having a car cuts so much time off errands and activities.

Tonightn I'm looking up dog aggression, think I have a problem brewing with the Pirate and Houdini, both females and Pirate is becoming aggressive. So, tomorrow it's the vets and then find someone to talk to. A friend uses a former police dog trainer for her dogs, I may speak to him or see what the vet says.

Scout19075 Tue 02-Oct-12 20:00:01

Not having a car available to me has helped me increase my activity levels but hasn't done much for being at home. Whenever we go to groups the length of time out has increased 2 to 3 times. We've been going to a new group on Tuesdays. The activity/group is an hour long but I need to leave about an hour for us to get there because it's about a mile away, no direct route from here to there and down then hill then up again (mostly up) so if Toddler walks the entire way (which he does) it takes AGES to get there. Then it's another hour or so home. But, like last week, we went via Tesco so added at least 1/2 mile to our trip and increased our time. We left around 12:30 and didn't get in until after 4:30.

I do feel like I haven't done anything this afternoon (though I know I have).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now