Anyone use a BEKO Appliance/Dishwasher

(24 Posts)
drosophila Sun 12-Feb-12 20:09:29

looking into buying a dishwasher and was hoping not to sepnd too much. BEKO seems pretty reasonable. Can anyone tell me their experiences?

oooggs Sun 12-Feb-12 20:10:14

Had my Beko dishwasher for about 2 weeks and it is fantastic

drosophila Sun 12-Feb-12 20:16:18

I am reading los of good reviews but i trust MN jury more.

Thanks for the contribution...

hermioneweasley Sun 12-Feb-12 20:20:11

Just got Beko washing machine and tumble dryer. Happy so far, but only a few weeks in so can't vouch for longevity

Magneto Sun 12-Feb-12 20:25:20

I have a Beko dishwasher, had it about a year now and it does the job the majority of the time but it sometimes doesn't open the tablet dispenser during a wash which is a pain and it can struggle with tough stains such as porridge/weetabix but that's probably my fault for not soaking before hand.

I also have a Beko fridgefreezer which is fantastic, had it 2 years now and no complaints.

Due to their low prices and good reviews I also have a beko washing machine and until last week had a beko tumble dryer too. Just replaced the dryer as the bearings went in after a year and a half. I needed a bigger dryer anyway so I replaced rather than repaired. The washing machine is next to be replaced but only because I need a bigger one and it's had a few niggly problems recently.

Overall I think they're great for the price.

bruffin Sun 12-Feb-12 20:27:55

Beko always come out very well in Which

drosophila Sun 12-Feb-12 20:28:12

Good to know... you wonder sometimes what you get for the extra money when you buy more expensive brands.

Beko fridge freezer and tumble dryer. Both a year old and happy with them, I bought Beko after recommendations and you seem to get a lot of bang for your buck!

Antidote Sun 12-Feb-12 20:31:18

We have a slimline beko dishwasher. It got slated by which! It washes ok, it crap at drying and has had a few episodes where the filter clogged & it refused to go. I have to admit we are very slack about rinsing plates first so that may be to blame.

It it is better than our previous ones, which DH 'rescued' from Freecycle, but it isn't brilliant.

ImpOfThePerverse Sun 12-Feb-12 20:37:30

I have a beko dishwasher and cooker, the dishwasher is around 3 years old and the cooker older but I can't remember how much. So far we've not had any trouble with either of them.

Magneto - a couple of times the tablet didn't come out in my dishwasher, I realised I hadn't been pushing the top rack in completely and that had been getting in the way of the tablet dispenser. Could that be causing the problem with yours?

bruffin Sun 12-Feb-12 20:48:00

Beko DW686 andBeko DFN 1000X One Touch dishwashers are both best buys.

Magneto Sun 12-Feb-12 20:48:44

Imp ooh thanks for the tip, I'll check the top rack... I thought if it wasn't a problem with the dishwasher then it was because ds had been "helping" again grin

onwardandupwards Sun 12-Feb-12 20:51:21

I had a beko washing machine and fridge freezer, the washing machine gave up after 13 months and the fridge freezer only 5 months, however they replaced the fridge freezer (charged for delivery) will never get another beko appliance!

HandMini Sun 12-Feb-12 20:56:12

I'm a BEKO fan. Have a dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine. All 2.5 years old and all fine so far (touch wood).

cowboylover Sun 12-Feb-12 20:59:31

All my BEKO products self destructed at around 3 years after the kitchen refit sad

Liked them and worked well till then.

nenevomito Sun 12-Feb-12 20:59:34

I have a beko freezer. Its three years old now and just fine.

Kewcumber Sun 12-Feb-12 20:59:59

"sometimes doesn't open the tablet dispenser during a wash which is a pain and it can struggle with tough stains such as porridge/weetabix" I have a bosch that does that! Usually something obstructing the tablet dispenser and something obstructing the washing arm spinning around properly (or just plain too much stuck on).

Have a Beko fridge freezer for about a year which has been absolutely fine for a significantly lower price than the competition.

Ineedadollar Sun 12-Feb-12 21:01:51

6 years on my appliances are still going strong!

mono3 Sun 12-Feb-12 21:02:40

Bought a Beko fridge freezer 14 years ago. Passed it onto my MIL when we moved abroad 8 years ago. Still going strong in her house!

WetAugust Sun 12-Feb-12 21:03:18

I have 9 year old Beko upright fridge-freezer and 7 year old Beko washing machine.

The Beko washing machine has lasted longer than the BOsch it replaced and does a good job.

I shan't be buying 'premium' brands again.

drosophila Sun 12-Feb-12 21:05:07

Longivity is a question then. We have had a Bosch for 12 years and whilst I am pretty sure they last I can't help wondering if buying cheap and therefore buying twice is such a bad thing if I can buy two Bekos for the price of one Bosch. Also I could strike lucky - wait do I feel lucky?

I'll mull this over for a few days no doubt so grateful for your thoughts warts and all...

Milliways Sun 12-Feb-12 21:11:10

I have a Beko freezer in the garage and it is great.

Re the tablet sticking in the dishwasher- we have found it works best to just throw the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher - everything has worked fine for us since doing that.

Dawndonna Wed 15-Feb-12 17:08:19

I have a Beko slimline dishwasher, it's still going and it's about two years old. I like it, and would buy another.

robbie20152015 Fri 07-Mar-14 20:45:26

I've just got my Beko dishwasher and it's really quick and does a good job. My Beko washer is two years old and never had a problem with it. Like any brand you will always get the odd machine with problems but would deffo say Beko have been a good choice for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now