Oilcloth tablecloths!

(14 Posts)
Moltisanti Thu 08-Dec-11 15:27:45

I was looking at a Cath Kidston oilcloth for my kitchen table, but they're about £40 each. So I went online and found [www.Wipeeasytablecloths.com these people] who did the exact same taupe and cream polka dot oilcloth for half the price. Plus they delivered within two days. They've got loads of Kidston-ey designs and I think their customer service was brilliant. No I don't work for them, just thought I would pass on a good link!

Moltisanti Thu 08-Dec-11 15:28:52

Oops link didn't work. www.wipeasytablecloths.com.

Moltisanti Thu 08-Dec-11 15:30:31

Argh third time lucky

www.wipeeasytablecloths.com/oil

cambridgetinsellyferret Thu 08-Dec-11 19:26:40

John Lewis do good ones too.

toddlerama Thu 08-Dec-11 19:29:52

Yep, I'm on my second John Lewis one. They're fab.

SugarAndSpiceMistletoeAndWine Fri 09-Dec-11 10:57:58

Dunelm Mill is good too for oilcloth fabric by the metre. Bought some for £2 a metre.

BloooCowWonders Fri 09-Dec-11 11:29:16

While we're on the subject ( smile ) does anyone put their cloth in the washing machine? My latest one is beyond the wiping stage. But also worried that it'll be really creased...

SugarAndSpiceMistletoeAndWine Fri 09-Dec-11 18:09:09

Had a look in the land of google and most said it was not advised and would take ages to dry/crease etc. But then this

sophiedepons.com/store/oilcloth.html

suggests you can??

emsyj Fri 09-Dec-11 18:15:43

I've got a wipe-clean tablecloth from John lewis and it really works (spills just 'sit' on the surface and don't soak in) BUT it isn't oilcloth, isn't shiny or plasticy and looks just like normal fabric. It goes in the washing machine and you can iron it too. I had asked for an oilcloth one for Xmas from my DM but she bought this one instead and it is much better.

harbingerofdoom Fri 09-Dec-11 19:56:27

I have used them for about 15 years and did put the thinner ones in the machine. Just make sure you take it out into a washing up bowl (loads of water collects in the folds). I wouldn't do it unless it's a fine day and you can sling it over the line.

mousysantamouse Fri 09-Dec-11 22:33:34

we have those clear plastic cloths that are sold by the meter at JL.
cheap enough to replace when they brake (easily done when dropping forks)

TeaOneSugarPlumFairy Sat 10-Dec-11 19:51:11

This One was only £3.99/metre on a fabric stall at my local market £6.99 from this website plus £5.99 P&P.

shopalot Sat 10-Dec-11 21:21:35

I've washed mine loads.

jlee2468 Tue 29-Apr-14 16:56:59

I found a site called Blue Jisaw that do all sorts of similar oilcloths / pvc tablecloths.

I particually like their acrylic tablecloths, bit pricier but alot more natural and stain resistant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now