How the heck do i clean BLACK high gloss floor tiles??? driving me mental

(9 Posts)
wolfcubEm83 Sat 29-Oct-11 14:29:39

Hi, just moved into a new property and theres black, high gloss shiny floor tiles in the blinking bathroom. Every single mark and bit of dust shows up because its such a light room.

I cant keep them looking nice, is there a particular cleaner or tip anyone can give me please???? The landlord is coming on thursday to fit us a new oven and i want it to be nice in there just in case he needs a wee grin

Thanks

DrSeuss Sat 29-Oct-11 16:54:44

Microfibre cloth and the very smallest amount of product to avoid smearing?
Microfibre mop and warm water with half a cap of fabric conditioner?
OR
Accept that floors get walked on so are rarely pristine? How good did it look whn you moved in? If it was OK then, find out who did that and ask them.

PigletJohn Mon 31-Oct-11 10:09:00

rug?

gloss black is for looking at only.

DooinMeCleanin Mon 31-Oct-11 10:15:37

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have them in our kitchen and they always look grimy. I do know how to get them to sparkle but you must avoid looking at them, breathing on them or walking on them or they will be become grimy looking again.

You need some of that flash non streak cleaner. A measuring jug. A bucket. A microfibre mop and a Vileda flat microfibre mop.

Carefully measure out the flash as per the instructions. Not enough and they won't come clean. Too much and they'll streak beyond fixing. Don't be tempted to guess how much flash you need. Even one drop too much will have them covered in streaks.

Mop with the microfiber mop and flash mixture. They will dry slightly streaky and dull. Get the Vileda flat mop, don't wet it at all. Buff the floor to a shine. Then you may admire your shiny floor from a safe distance. Be warned if you so much as put your big toe on the floor it will be covered in footprints and streaks again.

This does not get done in my house often. You'll just have to learn to live with a streaky, grimy looking floor.

GuyFawkesHadaPoint Tue 01-Nov-11 18:18:40

My friend has these in her eeeenormous kitchen. She uses a steam mop 3 times a day according to her husband hmm

Life's too short.

wolfcubEm83 Sun 13-Nov-11 22:30:34

Thanks for your replies. We're moving (not because of the floor tiles) so they wont be my problem any more grin but i will use these tips on the last day when im sure everyone has had a wee and wont be going in there again

DeeHolland Tue 19-Aug-14 21:00:02

Just found this top tip. Once tiles are cleaned to make sure no dirt or grease, using a normal floor cleaner like flash, go over them lightly with a shower cleaner like shower shine designed for using in shoes after use.. Buff with micro fibre cloth then no smears or marks at all. If your floor is clean but just needs a quick once over just use the shower spray and buff with a dry microfiber cloth. Works brilliantly and doesn't discolour grout.

DeeHolland Tue 19-Aug-14 21:00:23

Just found this top tip. Once tiles are cleaned to make sure no dirt or grease, using a normal floor cleaner like flash, go over them lightly with a shower cleaner like shower shine designed for using in shoes after use.. Buff with micro fibre cloth then no smears or marks at all. If your floor is clean but just needs a quick once over just use the shower spray and buff with a dry microfiber cloth. Works brilliantly and doesn't discolour grout.

DeeHolland Tue 19-Aug-14 21:02:25

Don't you love predictive texts.!... should have put shower not shoes!!! Sorry lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now