How do you get zombie flesh out of carpets?

(81 Posts)
EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Mon 10-Oct-11 22:43:48

It's a long story but Sephrenia and I found it necessary to attack MNHQ with a zombie army, and MNHQ have asked me to start a thread for advice on how to get the zombie mess out of their carpets.

Any suggestions?

Lemon juice and vinegar, along with some good old fashioned elbow grease.

So, white wine is a no then?

<crosses it off list of cleaning supplies>

EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Mon 10-Oct-11 22:49:42

Thanks Freddie.

MollyintheMoon Mon 10-Oct-11 22:52:24

There should be plenty of elbows lying around for the grease. grin

SayGhoulNowSayWitch Mon 10-Oct-11 23:08:57

Sephrenia - you definitely need white wine just not for cleaning

Originalviperspit Mon 10-Oct-11 23:09:46

Would bicarb work? Lifting the stains from the carpet is going to be better than using bleaching agents?

bran Mon 10-Oct-11 23:19:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arkady Tue 11-Oct-11 10:58:19

If we flooded MNHQ, could flesh-eating fish nibble it out? You know, the ones used for pedicures? The BBC news website says this about them:
"Tiny Garra Rufa fish, or "doctor fish" as they are affectionately called, are a type of toothless carp that nibble on the dead skin.
Their use in spas across the UK has been gaining in popularity.
In the US, however, some states have banned their use over health and safety concerns of having the same fish clean the skin of multiple customers."

Arkady Tue 11-Oct-11 10:59:02

Obviously we couldn't then reuse the fish for feet cleaning, as they might be infected with zombieism.

<adds white wine back to the list>

I like purple's idea. Seems like it might help, at least with the more stubborn stains grin

If we have to burn the carpets bran what about the walls? I'm not sure they've used washable wallpaper confused

<polishes the silver>

EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Tue 11-Oct-11 11:15:07

I like Arkady's idea but we'd then have the problem of drying the place out again.

Bran, I'm worried that you might be right but then as Sephrenia said the whole place is covered and they might not like us burning it down...

Let's go with Purple's idea and plenty of Freddie and Molly's elbow grease. And maybe we'd better introduce compulsory biohazard suits just to be safe.

And FGS, nobody tell the government! They've buggered up enough stuff as it is, we don't need them messing around in MNHQ while we clean up hmm

eaglewings Tue 11-Oct-11 11:29:20

Has no one mentioned vodka and lemon juice yet?

Lemon juice yes, not vodka though.

<thinks this is beginning to sound like a party instead of a clean-up operation>

grin

<looks back at thread and sees Arkady's post>

grin @ fish passing on the zombie virus

But wouldn't the cute little feet-nibbley fish then turn into rampaging piranhas?

<ponders how close MNHQ is to Parliament and likelihood of a twobirdsonestone scenario>

EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Tue 11-Oct-11 12:54:41

Hmmm. I guess we don't want to unleash hordes of zombie piranhas.

No one would notice if the got the politicians, then?

EmpressOfTheVampireSkulls Tue 11-Oct-11 13:12:32

Do you think anyone would notice if the piranhas took over?

Fuzzled Tue 11-Oct-11 16:22:00

Magic eraser for the walls? Or we could just overpaint in the ever popular magnolia?

I know of a good skip company if we need to deposit the extra elbows and grease should it be required...

GentleOtter Tue 11-Oct-11 16:30:02

If zombies have managed to infiltrate your living room and dripped all over the carpet then it is time for packing the OFRS.
Failing that, try a Roomba.

eaglewings Tue 11-Oct-11 17:15:58

Well vodka and lemon worked wonders on the zombies in my kitchen, I can now see twice as many but hic I don't care norepinephrine

eaglewings Tue 11-Oct-11 17:16:47

Hic * any more * hic hc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now