Anybody got a positive review/experience with M&S sofas ?

(14 Posts)
gettingeasier Sun 02-Oct-11 18:50:27

I thought I had found my perfect sofa with the Fenton range at M&S , lovely styling and comfortable to sit on in the store with 30% off this week. I googled for reviews and found a pile of anti M&S furniture full stop reviews with examples of awful sounding customer service as well which I wouldnt have expected from them

I know reviews arent everything and people are more likely to take to their keyboard if they have a bad experience but even so

Any thoughts ?

geogteach Sun 02-Oct-11 19:02:30

We have 2, a bed settee that is 8 years old and a standrard one that is a bit newer. They are both still going strong, no complaints, one had a damaged cushion cover when it arrived but they sent another straight away.

dexter73 Sun 02-Oct-11 19:27:21

We have 2 Abbey leather sofas and they have lasted really well. They are 8 years old now and look as good as new. My mum has a sofa from M&S too (not sure which one) and she is very pleased with it too.

cyb Sun 02-Oct-11 19:29:02

I bought one about 7 years ago. Still looks as good as new. Dont recall any problems with customer service. I bought one from laura Ashley at the same time and its wrecked

DeeScent Sun 02-Oct-11 19:43:17

We had a chaise longue <ponce> from M&S about two years ago and have been very pleased - no problems with customer service although delivery took weeks and weeks but wasn't actually later than they said it would be.

Cushions still nice and plump, good quality upholstering, solid legs etc.

dexter73 Sun 02-Oct-11 19:54:42

I had a very good experience with their customer service when I bought my sofas. They were 30% off when I bought them and then a week later they had an extra 10% off. I cheekily phoned them up and asked if they would let me have the extra 10% off and she said of course I will refund you the extra (over £200) with no quibbles. Big thumbs up from me for that!

FlossieFromCrapstonVillas Sun 02-Oct-11 19:58:41

My two 2 seaters were replaced last November after 13 years! I still miss them now.

gettingeasier Sun 02-Oct-11 21:28:35

Ooooh thankyou I really love this sofa so I think I will go for it although my goodness now I have measured it out in the room its big !

quornsausages Sun 02-Oct-11 23:51:05

I have had the abbey chenille footstool for 3 years, still looks like new. Any stains just wipe away and a cat scratching it hasn't marked it. It also seems to have a quality/expensive look and feel to it. Very solid.

It's big though, much bigger than I thought.

TheTamingOfTheShrew Mon 03-Oct-11 00:09:02

There is another thread within the last year on this. I have them and been fine.

kidsrockmyworld Mon 03-Oct-11 15:04:29

Ooh my dp works at the factory that make all m&s's furniture glad i stumbled across this !! We too have a new corner settee was the first tester model, £200 instead of £2,000 thank you very muchly lol . Quality furniture that lasts years ( biased-maybe ) .

DeanBeth Sat 22-Dec-12 09:11:22

I would not advise buying any current models of M&S sofas.

I have had a terrible issue with a Marks & Spencer Abbey sofabed in Boston Leather. The frame has bent/collapsed. It has been well looked after and even the FIRA report that says it has no manufacturing faults says it is in A1 condition. however when i compared the metal thickness to my previous M&S sofabed it is 30% thinner. My experience with M&S customer service has been appaling. contrary to my rights I was fobbed off and told I had to speak to FIRA. Currently I have a M&S sofabed that has failed, the problems mean that the Sofabed is unsafe to use and it is less than 3 years old. I don't know where to go next. £1,700 is a lot of money for such an inferior product.

I have a seperate thread here if you would like to read further.
www.mumsnet.com/.../1642131-Never-buy-a-sofabed-or-sofa-from-Marks- Spencer-M-S

sad

Waswondering Sat 22-Dec-12 09:13:51

Have 2 sofas from M&S - now two years old and going very strong. Still look new, comfy, well supported (especially lumbar which I need).

We like a lot (we do look after them though, as do the children).

Mcdonald74 Wed 04-Jun-14 12:05:25

Never buy M&S sofas - poor quality, fabrics that are not fit for purpose, mark and don't last. Poor quality foam. Dreadful customer service.
Sofa was a day old when this was taken. If you have had a similar experience please reply to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now