Howdens Kitchens - are they any good?

(32 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Wed 23-Feb-11 23:32:52

We are having a new kitchen and were looking at getting one from John Lewis but our builder is recommending Howdens as he says the quality is better which surprised me. Does anyone have experience of Howdens? TIA

austenozzy Sat 19-Jan-13 15:56:06

also - the fitter makes all the difference. ours did an ok job but he was a bit of an all rounder and there little things that ought to have been done better.

hpsaucy Sat 19-Jan-13 16:05:06

I've had a howdens kitchen fitted, 6 years ago, still in fab condition. Would definately recommend. Our builder brought extra doors and panels and built a cupboard to hide my free standing washing machine and tumble dryer which was great.

edam Sat 19-Jan-13 16:05:58

My sister looked into Howdens through an old family friend who is a builder. They were far more expensive than the usual kitchen suppliers such as B&Q or Ikea for no better quality. Even at the alleged trade price. Goodness knows whether this was to do with our family friend or what, but my sister now has a beautiful kitchen from one of the DIY firms and not from Howdens, at far less than the price she was quoted.

hpsaucy Sat 19-Jan-13 16:09:06

I paid trade price for my kitchen, and it was a bargin.

MaryPoppinsBag Sat 19-Jan-13 16:17:22

Mine was shite replaced it after 4 years. The designer they sent out was crap, the trim on the work top edge peeled off with a few months. (could've been the fitters fault)

I went to a local bespoke kitchen fitters for my new one and it is still in fab condition after 3 years.

I just wouldn't mess about in future and would use the shop we went to again.

missmapp Sat 19-Jan-13 16:26:15

We have the Hamilton in matt white- great quality, 3 yrs on still looks brand new and no replacements of hinges etc needed.

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 19-Jan-13 16:42:09

Try www.kitchen-compare.com for the spec on the different ranges at main retailers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now