Thinking of becoming a slimming world consultant.

(59 Posts)
Horsiemummy Thu 24-Jan-08 20:13:27

hi all,
just wondering if there were any slimming world consultants on here who would dish the whole truth!!. all i can seem to find on the net are consultants who are deleriously happy and chirp on about how much money they earn. TBH i went to a oppertunities evening and was a bit shocked by how much its costs you to get started and also by the percentage of your takings that goes back to slimming world. i kinda dismissed it but the idea just keeps going round in my head because i think i would be a good consultant - ive lost 2st on SW and am always raving about the plan to anyone who will listen.
just wondered if there was any downside to being a consultant, and tbh how long before you have made back your franchise fee and you start to make any money for yourself.

heres hoping someone can help

fluffy74 Wed 16-Oct-13 18:19:23

hi everyone, i know this thread is quite old but hope that there is someone on here that may give an insight. i too have been to an opportunities event and decided to 'go for it' despite the upfront fees. my interview appointment has, to say the least ,been a whirl wind of yes this day, no sorry that day and time, oh sorry again this time! i have been nothing but open and accomadating to every change but when i needed to cancel my interview due to problems beyond my control i have been blanked! i had said i was still interested but would had to put it off for a few months. i have also read that the amount of earnings isnt exactly what was 'promised' at the meeting either, most people are saying they earn only £25-£30 per meeting, not going to feed my family is it?! i am prepared to do all the promoting it takes and know that it will be hard work to build up a group, but is it worth such a large outlay for such a small return?

sallyp79 Sat 19-Oct-13 19:28:02

hi, I looked into slimming world and a few other and in the end went with cambridge weight plan. it was a smaller outlay and you are allowed to run it much more as your own business. You dont run groups (although you can if you want) but more often see people one on one. Each consultation lasts about 15 mins and i make about £15 for each consultation. Your aren't tied to doing the same times each week as you just arrange meetings with your clients on a week by week basis on what suits you so its really flexible. I have a child so this fits perfectly. Feel free to ask any questions and i'm more than happy to answer (or give me a bell on 07843411144).

fluffy74 Tue 22-Oct-13 21:41:18

Hi, sorry to sound ignorant but I've not heard of the Cambridge diet, how does it work? X

joyhg Mon 28-Oct-13 16:28:52

Cor, that really is an interesting thread and explains why I have an ex-sw consultant working with me now in my business!
It doesn't sound terrible, just a little hyped up. All these things take hard work and time, which most people are happy with... if it pays well!!! Good luck to you all x

NicQ Mon 18-Nov-13 20:55:35

I'm 100% commited to SW and have lost over 5 stone since having my daughter 11 months ago.
I've read this whole thread and thx to every1 that's added there experiences it's a great insight to the world of SW!
I'm going to an ops event in a few weeks, I went to one a few years ago so know what to expect but was full time at the time so know I couldn't give it my all, I've now recently returned to work 4days per week after mat leave and feel it could be the right time to become a consultant to not only help members but hopefully in the future earn enough to maybe drop another day at work and spend more time with my lil'one, my day job is long hours which I miss my daughter terribly but it's my career so don't want to give it up but would love to drop another day at some point so I had more 'day time' hours with my daughter as could do the majority of SW when she's in bed (obviously not the leafleting)

Legg1234 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:20:25

Can anyone help? I'd like to start a sw franchise after attending an opportunity event. I know sw run a credit check even if you don't want finance to set up. Through no fault of my own I have a poor credit raiting. I know I will fail,the credit check. Does anyone know if there is a way around this and if you can still become a consultant. I am more than happy to do a criminal records check. Just because I have bad credit doesn't mean I can't be trusted with running a franchise! Would really appreciate any thoughts/ help. Thank you.

purplejo1010 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:10:36

Hi does anyone have a copy of the licence agreement? It would be interesting to have a read of it before I get bombarded with info and set up costs....you know, read it and make a more informed choice on expectations etc. Thank you x

Babyboys03 Mon 28-Apr-14 16:37:55

Hi I'm currently looking to buy in to a sw franchise I've read loads of comments and found most of them very true full and helpful but only thing that's missing from the feeds is r u guys buying into 1 franchise or more has folks aren't explaining this so when they put there figures up I'm thinking oh dear! I'm looking I to buying a 2 double franchise has I'm going into this 110% !!!! has the fees are increasing very soon !!!! So I'm i guessing right theses figures is just a single franchise. ??? Can someone help please xxx

Cadburysmirnoff Sun 11-May-14 09:19:19

I'm considering SW as a career opportunity. I have been a member for a number of years and feel I have the confidence to support others. I'm not afraid of hard work and I have a full time job 37 hours per week. I'm attending an ops event soon and this thread has highlighted some questions for me.

1. Will I recoup my money ... Yes if I work hard.
2. Will people attend? Probably but I will need to consider social team etc if it's a new group.
3. Credit check ... No CCJ or bankruptcy so I should be ok
4. Will I be able to inspire people to lose weight? I hope so
5. Best buy some flat shoes for leafleting !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now