Personal Trainer Question

(3 Posts)
WWYD2016 Tue 15-Nov-16 15:10:48

I have completed my Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification and will have completed by mid December my Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification as my 9-5 desk job is being made redundant in the new year, figured I'd follow my dreams instead of another 9-5 desk job.

Is it realistic to believe I could find a permanent employed role? I'm terrified at the prospect of being self-employed, I have 3 children and all that entails.

What advice can you give me?

hutchblue Tue 15-Nov-16 18:06:59

You can build a biz both online and/or offline.

It depends how you'd like to work the most?

I know this lady www.facebook.com/fitfabulousandoverforty/?fref=ts and she's amazing.

She's got loads of likes to her FB page and is doing Lives all the time and fills her groups.

It's definitely possible to make money as a health trainer but it's working out how to make it work for you that can be hard at the start.

Pick your target market and make sure you know what they want. What are their pain points? Then talk to them about them and create packages around those pain points, show them the result they are going to get by working with you - and only you - what makes you unique?

Wishing you all the best.

indigox Wed 16-Nov-16 01:35:44

It's really impossible to say how realistic it is without knowing what the market is like where you live. I'd be starting to apply for jobs now, and contacting gyms etc with a speculative application so you have an idea of who is likely to be hiring come January.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now