Ironing buissiness

(9 Posts)
Sunshine51 Tue 11-Oct-16 18:15:08

Hi
I have been a teacher for 11 years, I hate the paperwork and the stress of it.
I have been racking my brains about a job I can do that fits round ds. We have no family nearby so any childcare is costly.
Has anybody got their own ironing buissiness, how much do you make and is it doable with children?

user1476140278 Tue 11-Oct-16 23:51:06

You've been a teacher for 11 years but can't spell business? confused No offence but how on earth did that happen!?

In relation to ironing businesses, you will need an industrial iron...not cheap but you can't really do it without one as an ordinary iron won't be reliable enough.

I have seen it done with great success when the person doing it was working quite hard. Fitting it in around the children depends on their age.

Mellowmarsh Wed 12-Oct-16 07:13:18

User, how on earth did you think your first two sentences would not be offensive? Saying 'no offence' when you are clearly putting someone down is just bollocks.
No offence, like.

hutchblue Wed 12-Oct-16 14:16:39

would you consider some sort of online business?

hutchblue Wed 12-Oct-16 14:18:27

And what do you love to do?

Ironing?

What else?

user1476140278 Wed 12-Oct-16 14:19:36

Mellow well...no offence meant is just that. No offence meant. However when someone comes on here with spelling like that and claims to be a teacher...well, something amiss and I'm within my rights to question it.

No offence.

Sunshine51 Wed 12-Oct-16 16:02:51

Wow, nice friendly people on here!
User I was typing in a rush and didn't check my work, well done for spotting the mistake and correcting me in such a nice manner.
I would like a job which is term time only and flexible to fit round my ds ideally I have seen they are few and far between.

GinIceAndASlice Wed 12-Oct-16 16:16:44

Take a look at what is offered at the minute in your local area. The cost varies in different parts of the country. You can charge by the item or by the load. Here in Liverpool it seems to be 50p an item or 15 for blue ikea bag size load.

Would you be offering a pick up/drop off service? How about quick turnaround?

Can you do minor repairs? That made one of the people I've used in the passed indispensable. Just popping a button back on, turn ups etc all smaller chargeable stuff that people will pay extra for.

Try and get a quote for insurance, as a single singe may cost a fortune. Likewise would your car insurance increase for business use?

The only thing that would concern me would be doing it term time only. With 5 of us we have a lot of ironing 52 weeks of the year.

Sunshine51 Wed 12-Oct-16 16:45:29

Hi Gin
If I was to do ironing I would be able to do more hours as I could do evenings.
Yes I can do minor repairs, I did consider a business selling home made bunting, clothes etc but don't think it would be as good a turnover. I'm not looking to make a huge amount just enough for spending money really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now