Return to work programme

(3 Posts)
Dew001 Sun 02-Oct-16 14:34:43

It looks like GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) are going to have a return to work program. Is this a good route back to work following a career break? https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_gsk/external1931/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=315285&localeCode=en-us

SherryRB Mon 03-Oct-16 20:22:49

Lots of big businesses - banks, finance, a few law firms, are doing these returner programmes. I don't know anybody who's done one but they sound good. If nothing else it gets you some 'back in an office' experience. Employers are much more mindful now of how much talent they're missing out on and what they need to offer to attract mums back to the workplace. I offer a 3 month back to work programme (1 day workshop plus 3 months of live Q&As) but mine is much about getting your confidence back, focus, mindset plus all the practicals such as your CV, LinkedIn profile, interview skills etc.

Sherry

nicebitofsodaandjam Thu 13-Oct-16 09:44:46

I am thinking of applying for one next year, going to tidy cv/do a couple of courses before hand to ready myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now