Return to Work Conference

(3 Posts)
goodymummyshoes Fri 30-Sep-16 11:10:46

I saw this the other day and it looks perfect for Mum's looking to return to work after being a SAHM. And Jane Garvey is speaking too!

wrpn.womenreturners.com/women-returners-conference-2016/

hutchblue Sat 01-Oct-16 14:15:52

Looks great if you're looking to go back into a corporate kind of environment.

It would be great to see a wider variety of companies support women back to work after having children. Not just accountancy big 4 and a handful of banks. (Although that's a good start and better than nothing).

I was pleased to see O2 on there. Hooray, finally a technology company in the mix!

Also, perhaps I am wrong (I often am smile) but it seems like with these corporate return schemes, they always want you for 4 days a week.

To me that's not really part-time. That's almost full-time and squeezing 5 days into 4....

I'd love to hear other people's opinions on this.

I don't have any fixed opinions smile I am all ears to all thoughts. smile

SherryRB Mon 03-Oct-16 20:27:27

I was talking to one mum recently - she's since set up her own business. She went back to work 'part-time' but as it was a big law firm, effectively she was working 9am to 5pm, 5 days a week, and a 20% paycut because she was part-time.

There do seem to be more technology companies now supporting women in the return back to work; also professional services and a few law firms. The market is slowly moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now